Tourist visa expiring

will it be treated the same way as having an Ultima Prórroga stamp in your passport?
can you get back into the country again in the same year after the Ultima Prórroga expires (given DNU 70/2017 is not anymore)? If this was the intention, from what I remember, previous advice was to overstay and pay the fine in ezeiza regardless of how you intended to leave the country, be it by land/sea.

I was at immigration before the quarentine talking with the agents who deals with this.
The problem is the electronic signature. They can logg in at the computers at the Immigration building. The whole system is not design to work remotely. This is why later there was a resolution where they extended everything automaticaly.

Which resolutuon is this, do yuo have a link?

Received the following response from migration when contacting them regarding extending an expiring 90 Day tourist visa.
American, with 90 day tourist visa expiring the first week of April
Email sent on Monday 3/23 to [email protected], (as indicated in another post) and response received 3/25.

Response:

Atento a la consulta efectuada por usted le informamos que en virtud de la emergencia sanitaria, por Disposición 1714/2020 de la DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES, se prorroga la vigencia de las residencias otorgadas en el marco de los artículos 23 (residencias temporarias) y 24 (residencias transitorias) de la Ley 25.871 por el término de TREINTA (30) días a partir de su fecha de vencimiento. Dichas prórrogas aplicarán a las residencias cuyo vencimiento hubiese operado a partir del 17 de marzo de 2020 inclusive y por TREINTA (30) días corridos.

Gracias por contactarse con la DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES, ante cualquier consulta estamos a su disposición.

Found this link to the current policy as it affects tourists, holders of precarias, and people whose temporary residencies are shortly to expire.

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/sites/default/files/disp-1714-2020.pdf

All three appear to have been automatically extended for 30 days from whatever their current expiry date it. The policy seems to indicate there are protections under international treaties and the Argentine constitution for people in these situations.

I assume that on the basis of the policy, it would NOT be necessary to now apply for an extension until just before the new expiry date. Does anyone disagree?

Found this link to the current policy as it affects tourists, holders of precarias, and people whose temporary residencies are shortly to expire.

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/sites/default/files/disp-1714-2020.pdf

All three appear to have been automatically extended for 30 days from whatever their current expiry date it. The policy seems to indicate there are protections under international treaties and the Argentine constitution for people in these situations.

I assume that on the basis of the policy, it would NOT be necessary to now apply for an extension until just before the new expiry date. Does anyone disagree?

Correct, the wording in the law makes it clear that this has been applied automatically and we don't have to do anything.

Back