Translation & legalisation fees?

jp

Registered
Hola

Currently going through what will hopefully be the last residency application I'll ever have to submit...

Have four documents to translate and legalise - 2 birth certificates and two police records, all apostilled.

The quote we got for having the four documents and the apostilles translated and legalised was 1000 pesos. Which seems a little steep. Has anyone done this recently and know what the costs are like? Or does anyone have a recommendation for a translator?

Mil gracias

J

$1000 is pricey. I had the same documents translated and certified a couple years ago and paid less. Marisa Mergiotti, a certified public translator (I'll PM you her email address), charged the following back in 2009:

Birth Certificate $80
Apostille $80
FBI Certificate $160 (three pages: front and back plus letter)

I assume her rates have since gone up though.

I don't recall how much extra I paid for the certifications but it wasn't too much.

I got my translator from the Colegio de traductores publico website (just to be on the safe side as they MUST be translated by a public translator) and all of them quoted me the same price (120 pesos per sheet). A sheet pretty much included 1 certificate (birth, police record, passport stamps, etc). I think that these translators are given guidelines as far as what to charge is concerned.
This was just over a year ago so I would've expected prices to go up accordingly (maybe by 30% or so...much like everything else!). This price doesn't include legalisation at the Colegio de traductores, which the individual has to get done afterwards (and costs around 40 pesos per translation).
The translator who did all of my certificates is called Claudia Acher and she lives in Belgrano. You can find her on that website but PM me if you'd like her email address.

How long does it take for them to do the translations?

And I would appreciate PMs with the names and contact info of any translators that members have successfully used.

Back