Translator|Interpreter [English-Spanish]

cayoyin

Registered
Yup. That's me. The new kid on the block. Just stopping by to say hello and...

I have a question about filing taxes as a US citizen living abroad, with no income in the US for the past two years. I read there is no need to file taxes if I don't receive a W2 form or my income was less than $400.

Any word about it?

Gracias!

is that you in the pic?

You look awesome.

would love to hire you as my permanent interpreter.

how much would you be charging?

Yup. That's me. The new kid on the block. Just stopping by to say hello and...

I have a question about filing taxes as a US citizen living abroad, with no income in the US for the past two years. I read there is no need to file taxes if I don't receive a W2 form or my income was less than $400.

Any word about it?

Gracias!

This explains the filing requirements:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html

Basically, if you are single and your *worldwide* income is over 10k, you have to file. Also, if you have a foreign bank account with over 10k, you must file Form 114 (FBAR)

http://bsaefiling.fincen.treas.gov/main.html

is that you in the pic?

You look awesome.

would love to hire you as my permanent interpreter.

how much would you be charging?
Ceviche-san, are you soliciting for her services? Really are you looking for a permanent interpreter of castellano?

Ok Off topic, I have a confession to make..
I log in to check the threads only to read hybrid ambassador and ceviches replies to one another. It's getting to be a habit with me, quite the amusement I might add!

I log in to check the threads only to read hybrid ambassador and ceviches replies to one another. It's getting to be a habit with me, quite the amusement I might add!

You're new here. The novelty factor wears off after a while, especially when Hybrid-San starts ranting about dirty Bolivians and Peruvians.

Thanks Sam-san. We were discussing you in another thread today.

you have to file no matter what but you probably won't owe. With W-2 you don't have to pay anything if outside the US some 330+ days per year. WIth 1099 (independent contractor work) above $600/ year from any one client, you have to pay 15% tax no matter how long you've been outside the country. Just download Turbo Tax for $15 and if you have nothing to declare it will be super easy!!

Thanks Sam-san. We were discussing you in another thread today.
Yep ! We may have a job offerings for you so to self sustention there in Bs As, we can deduce you having very excuisite taste
and to maintain that status it may cost more economically therefore....

Back