Travel agency accepting ARS Argentine Pesos for flights

anjuna11

Registered
Hi-

I'm new to BA and looking to buy flights to Brazil using Xoom pesos rather than my credit card.

Does anyone know of an agency with good selection and pricing that accepts cash? I'm in the Recoleta area (Santa Fe & Riobamba).

anjuna11 said:
Hi-

I'm new to BA and looking to buy flights to Brazil using Xoom pesos rather than my credit card.

Does anyone know of an agency with good selection and pricing that accepts cash? I'm in the Recoleta area (Santa Fe & Riobamba).

one way would be to just pay in us$ on your American credit card

If you buy from agency or airline directly, it would always be more expensive than quoted online rate.

One way to do it, is buy ticket online but give incorrect credit card no. Many times the airlines will send you the "PNR" no but say "ticket is not reserved. So then call up the airline and say " your credit card is not working online and you prefer to visit the airlines office and pay in "cash". This may work or may not. AIrlines will say , "Ok we will encash yr credit card". So it could be tricky.

This is news to me if you walk in a travel agency and purchase a ticket to Rio which is advertised, in the Sunday Section, in pesos and USD . You can not pay in pesos?? or they will convert the Dollars at a Blue Rate....? HELP. I use ASATEJ Santa Fe and Uriburu.
Different altogether the situation with domestic flights...!!
Thanks

Rich One said:
This is news to me if you walk in a travel agency and purchase a ticket to Rio which is advertised, in the Sunday Section, in pesos and USD . You can not pay in pesos?? or they will convert the Dollars at a Blue Rate....? HELP. I use ASATEJ Santa Fe and Uriburu.
Different altogether the situation with domestic flights...!!
Thanks
Yes you will be able to pay in pesos at the official rate no worries there ;)

Just to close the loop on this, I ended up finding a flight I wanted with Gol and went to their office in person (near Cerrito and Santa Fe) to pay in cash. They only accepted Argentine pesos. 1950 ARS for a weekend in Sao Paolo.

-BUMP on this old topic -

Is it still possible to exchange Dollars at Blue rate and then purchase airline tickets in cash using ARG Peso?
The obvious goal would be to get a discount that is equal to the spread on the Blue and official rate.

I hear some rumors out there that LAM is no longer accepting Arg Cash transactions from those that do not haver a local passport.

Anyone have any recent experience?

-BUMP on this old topic -

Is it still possible to exchange Dollars at Blue rate and then purchase airline tickets in cash using ARG Peso?
The obvious goal would be to get a discount that is equal to the spread on the Blue and official rate.

I hear some rumors out there that LAM is no longer accepting Arg Cash transactions from those that do not haver a local passport.

Anyone have any recent experience?
Currently there is no such difference as you will have to pay 35% tax on top of the official dolar rate in peses, which is about the same as the blue pesos.

I'm a resident thus the rule doesn't apply to me, but I have a friend who has still been able to reserve online and pay with Pago Facil more than once in the last couple months for domestic travel which does not have the 35% fee. He has used LAN. Of course, this means means he's also flying a resident rate that he's not technically eligible for. There really isn't much benefit to purchase with blue for international travel even if one can... as the spread is so small.

Back