Travel Possibilities?

Coleburger

Registered
Does anyone have solid information as to who, when, and where travel is permitted currently, or will be in the near future? I'm an American who came for a month back in March with the intention of going to Patagonia, Mendoza, Iguacu, etc. Now that i've waited out this insanely long quarantine, I would desperately like to travel for a while before taking a flight out now that they are regularly available. Can i take the train to Mar de Plata? Can i rent a car and travel between provinces? I'm finding it difficult to get any solid information and don't want to risk deportation or detention if i make an incorrect decision. To that note, if i do decide to travel somewhere and i'm stopped, any idea what sort of penalty that would incur? Thanks!

I would love to know as well. I leave end of December and I would like to rent a car and go to Patagonia before I go as well (if possible). Although flying would be ideal, I think that is definitely out.

Currently you can’t travel inside the country without some sort of permission which you can only obtain with a Dni. I’m waiting for that to change soon hopefully

Currently you can’t travel inside the country without some sort of permission which you can only obtain with a Dni. I’m waiting for that to change soon hopefully
So a tourist who is not in the country that is allowed to come with the COVID test results, are they then given this type of permission? Seems ridiculous that an outsider can come travel around here while the people already here cannot. Not that i would be shocked by this type of illogical procedure, its Argentina after all.

I'm in the same situation, and as far I know all tourism outside of BA is off limits. Even people who live in the capital have a very difficult time just going to see relatives in the provinces, which all have different requirements, including a supervised 14 day quarantine (at your expense at an approved location) and negative PCR test in some cases.

Also keep in mind that even if that changes soon, the rubes from the small towns have been very hostile to everyone (not only foreigners) visitng from BA because it's seen as the source of the pandemic.

So a tourist who is not in the country that is allowed to come with the COVID test results, are they then given this type of permission? Seems ridiculous that an outsider can come travel around here while the people already here cannot. Not that i would be shocked by this type of illogical procedure, its Argentina after all.

I misread your original post. Travel for tourism between most provinces is pretty much impossible right now. Especially if you do not have a DNI. There are places like Bariloche that are open to people from Rio Negro province or BA but you need the CuidarApp and that thing doesn't ever work. I have a DNI and I've never gotten it to work for me.

I've traveled across the provinces a couple times for business reasons and I carried a whole grip of papers that I flashed to the checkpoints. Nobody ever looked at them that hard.

Neuquen is fixing to to open to tourism within Neuquen province but once again requires the cuidar app. I'm sure there are hardcopy papers you could carry but who knows how to obtain them...?

People coming from the approved countries are bringing dollars with them and I suspect that's the only reason they get to test out of the quarantine. The gov doesn't want the locals to leave and spend their dollars outside the country so we have to deal with the restrictions for now.

at this point...you may as well just go home and try to come back next year. maybe by then stuff will be more clear.

I misread your original post. Travel for tourism between most provinces is pretty much impossible right now. Especially if you do not have a DNI. There are places like Bariloche that are open to people from Rio Negro province or BA but you need the CuidarApp and that thing doesn't ever work. I have a DNI and I've never gotten it to work for me.

I've traveled across the provinces a couple times for business reasons and I carried a whole grip of papers that I flashed to the checkpoints. Nobody ever looked at them that hard.

Neuquen is fixing to to open to tourism within Neuquen province but once again requires the cuidar app. I'm sure there are hardcopy papers you could carry but who knows how to obtain them...?

People coming from the approved countries are bringing dollars with them and I suspect that's the only reason they get to test out of the quarantine. The gov doesn't want the locals to leave and spend their dollars outside the country so we have to deal with the restrictions for now.

Appreciate the info. Do you know if tourism within the province is allowed? Can i go to Mar de Plata, for example? at this point seeing anything but the inside of Buenos Aires would be a refreshing change of pace.

Back