Travelling from BsAs to Uruguay

cruizes

Registered
Does anyone know if I will need any special paperwork for my dog to go to either Colonia or Montivedeo? He arrived with me from US. Was planning on taking the ferry to either city next week.

There was a whole thread about this a while ago - you can do a search for it using the word SENASA.

To go to Uruguay your dog will need:

-- A valid rabies vaccine - the certificate must be at least a month old, and not more than a year old.

-- A health certificate from a vet, dated not more than ten days before the trip.

Get together
1 - the health certificate,
2 - the original rabies certificate,
3 - a photocopy of that certificate,
4 - a photocopy of your ID.

Then go to SENASA to get the proper exit papers. They will give you the original rabies certificate back, along with the official exit papers for your dog. Remember that those papers are good for TEN DAYS only.

There's a forty peso fee for that, and the whole thing takes under half an hour. Your vet may do this for a fee - mine charges a hundred and fifty pesos, so I do it myself. The only tricky part is remembering the deadlines - the rest is simple.

You may want to check with

SENASA
Unidad Regional Operativa
Paseo Colon 367
(1063 ACD) Ciudad Autonoma
de Buenos Aires
Tel: 054 11-4121-5137
(0054-11) 4121-5000 o 0800-999-2386
[email protected]

cruizes said:
Does anyone know if I will need any special paperwork for my dog to go to either Colonia or Montivedeo? He arrived with me from US. Was planning on taking the ferry to either city next week.

To reply to you and to ask a question to Sara :
Do you plan to take the dog into the ferry with you or do you have a car ?

Question to Sara : passengers can't take a dog with them in the cabin, can they ?
Montevideo with a dog, as far as I know can be a problem since you'll need to take many cabs, unless of course that you have a big place with a garden for the dog to stay.

I take the car so my dog stays in the front seat. Pets are not allowed in the main cabin, but travel in crates placed just inside the cabin door, or tied to pipes on the hold. The attendants are very dog-friendly - a small tip ensures a lot of attention to your pooch.

Back