Travling tips?

stingystooge

Registered
So I'm planning a 3 week viaje through El Interior. Below are the cities I am going to in REVERSE order (as in im going to Cordoba, then Mendoza, etc. )

the cities in capital letters are absolutes. the others are if i have time. I'm going to spend about 3 days each in Cordoba and Mendoza, then about a day in each of the other cities. I actually got these cities straight out of the book THIS is Argentina.

Do you guys have any tips or experiences from these cities? Things to see? Things to avoid? General tips on traveling?

I'll be going to hostels at each and bus in between cities.

Cacci
Pulmamarca
Jujuy
Tres Cruces
La Quiaca
Yavi
Casabindo
IRUYA
SALTA
San Antonia de los Cobres
Cafayate
TUCUMAN
CATAMARCA
LA RIOJA
SAN JUAN
MENDOZA
CORDOBA

Are you familiar with the site www.virtualtourist.com ?

I dig up stuff all the time on different destinations I'm interested in.

Lots of good tips on everything.

cool thanks thats actually really helpful.

Does anyone have a sense on whether I should take my laptop or not? I'm wondering if the US style plug and voltage is easily accessible in hostels, and if there is a considerable risk of it being stolen.

I would really only use it for charging my MP3 player (only charges through USB) and reading up on things to do in the city I am in.

You can find adapters for the plug in any ferretería and the AC adapter works as a converter so that is not the big issue. I would not bring my laptop, most hostels have computers where you can charge your MP3 player and stuff. For a 3-week trip it's just not worth it to carry around the weight and having to bother about it getting stolen. Oh, and don't forget a padlock :)

I will definitely get a padlock. But dumb question - what is it for? to lock my bag close? or to lock my bag to like a fence if i need?

For the locker in the hostel. I once stayed at a hostel in Bangkok where I needed it to actually lock the door to the room. Always comes in handy! You might wanna rethink that fence idea, not all that safe :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jantango Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 7
F Expat Life 12
F Expat Life 9
jantango Expat Life 11
Back