Trendy Palermo

I read that & thought it was really annoying. The author is just to cool for school. Anyway, there is so much more to Palermo than the trendy bit in the middle.

As someone who has watched the traditional Palermo morph into the fake monstrosity it is now, I thought that piece was right on target.

My daughter's Colegiales neighborhood became Palermo Hollywood and has been yuppified: mom an pop stores have all but vanished, trendy restaurants are moving in, and real estate prices have tripled.

SaraSara said:
As someone who has watched the traditional Palermo morph into the fake monstrosity it is now, I thought that piece was right on target.

My daughter's Colegiales neighborhood became Palermo Hollywood and has been yuppified: mom an pop stores have all but vanished, trendy restaurants are moving in, and real estate prices have tripled.

Sure in THAT part of Palermo. Like I said, there is more to Palermo than just "hollywood" & "Soho" or whatever they want to call themselves. I live & work in Palermo and not in Soho nor Hollywood and it's not at all the same. The "problem" with Palermo, IMO, is well confined.

Back