TV SOS help! how can I watch my shows??

I've found that no matter what I do streaming TV shows here has just proven to be too unreliable for me. I connected a Mac Mini to my TV and download all my shows automatically via torrents. Here is how you can do it if you have a Mac:

- Download Automatic which will automatically fetch the torrents for your favorite TV shows.
- Install a torrent downloader that will automatically download the videos that Automatic finds (Vuze, uTorrent, etc)
- Watch videos.

I use Plex to keep the shows organized, pull in a summary of each episode, etc. The great thing about this is I can start watching a show on the TV, pause it, go to the bedroom, take out my iPad, open the Plex app and resume watching the show on my iPad from where I paused it in the living room.

If you have a PC, you can try using ted instead of Automatic though I have heard mixed reviews on it.

Sleuth said:
I've found that no matter what I do streaming TV shows here has just proven to be too unreliable for me.
Yah I had to switch VPN servers a few times to get a stable one with enough bandwith, but for the last 2 months or so no problems streaming Netflix, so it is possible.

Greg2231 said:
Yah I had to switch VPN servers a few times to get a stable one with enough bandwith, but for the last 2 months or so no problems streaming Netflix, so it is possible.

Greg - Have you found a particular StrongVPN server to be better? Is it picking a particular location or a specific server even within that location?

BAwithkids said:
Greg - Have you found a particular StrongVPN server to be better? Is it picking a particular location or a specific server even within that location?
I am on one of the Miami ones right now. They have the ability for you to speed test each of there servers on there website, and it is pretty easy to switch servers, takes me about 5 minutes, but the most important part is going to be your internet connection in BA my 5mb DSL tests out a 5 MB to local servers and at around 4mb to US servers, My VPN connection tests out around 3MB the
Netflix Current Bandwidth Requirements:
1 dot is 0.5Mbps
2 dots is 1.0Mbps
3 dots is 1.6Mbps
4 dots is 2.2Mbps
HD is 2600k to 3800K

I have been using StrongVPN with success for a few months now, but I would like to be able to access my PS3 (playstation 3) account to download some games (the playstation network is not available in Argentina). Since I only have a mac air and can't connect my ps3 directly I was wondering how to setup my Arnet router to use VPN. I think there are some options, [servidores Virtuales] but I can't seem to figure it out. Any advice?

I recently got an ipad and would love to watch Hulu or BBC. I downloaded the app Hotspot shield(?) but could not get the stream.
Anyone had any luck with VPN on Ipad/iphone?

Greg2231 said:
What I have found that works best for me is to have a two router setup, with the second router connected to a VPN provider in the US, I use Strongvpn.com. Then anything you connect to the second router either by wireless or wired gets a US IP address. I have a ROKU hooked up to my second router, and am able to stream Netflix, Hulu Plus, and loads of other channels without a problem directly to my TV.

I from the same place (strongvpn)got the open vpn setup that allows me also to connect anywhere i am not just from my house with my laptop and have same soft installed on a desktop permanently connected to a 42 inch in my living and with netflix the picture is perfect. For the record i have a fibertel 6 mb connection and I use wired connections for video as i have found it works better

I use Plex to keep the shows organized, pull in a summary of each episode, etc. The great thing about this is I can start watching a show on the TV, pause it, go to the bedroom, take out my iPad, open the Plex app and resume watching the show on my iPad from where I paused it in the living room.

That is disgustingly amazing. I don´t like shiny things, but this is just.... imagine, pause in the computer, continue watching in the bathroom. Pause in the computer, continue watching in the Subte.

Back