Twizzlers, licorice?

emilyr

Registered
I have run out of my supply of licorice! I am a fan of red, but my true love is black licorice. I think it is coded into my genes because my mother ate licorie throughout her pregnancy with me!

I have googled and googled regaliz (black licorice flavor) trying to find a supplier in Capital Federal. I found a forum with an Argentine bragging on the Twizzler stash he brought from the US, which bummed me out as a sign that it might not be available here.

Any licorice leads? It can be any kind, as long as it´s chewy and is the black (or strawberry red) licorice flavor!
Thanks!
Emily

Now, this is probably not interesting to most people, but I hope that I met help some desperate person who loves black licorice as much as me....just don't buy up all the stock, k?!

I have FOUND black licorice (sorry, red fans)! Jumbo Palermo in the candy section has quite a few Haribo candies, including black licorice wheels. It is not exactly the same, but it is delicious enough that I bought 7 bags! Some friends found it for me, told me they were advertising it a couple weeks ago for International Week or some such...

There's a supermarket in Uruguay that has licorice trees of red and black on display. Forgotton the name. Maybe hyper mercado Ingles it's called.

If you need another excuse to indulge your licorice jones, there is some pretty good evidence that licorice (natural of course) has some fairly potent anti-viral properties.
I won't say you won't get the swine flu if you eat licorice, but it can't hurt!

:)

David

Hi Emily!

I am a licorice lover myself. I 10 packs from my recent trip to Toronto but quickly ate it all with the help of my friends from BA who had never tried it before and are now addicted.

I haven't come across "Twizzlers" anywhere here. I will be going back to Toronto over New Years and plan to stock up. I buy mine at the dollar store they come in large packs (25 pieces) of red or black and they are only a $1.

I made sure they are manufactured in Canada cause I am always careful of food products from the dollar store to ensure they are not from China.

If you'd like I can pick up some for you too, and I won't charge for shipping. :p

HOORAY! You all made my evening! LICORICE LOVERS of the world unite!

And iStar, I would LOVE it if you picked up some for me....as long as it does not put you out in terms of luggage because I know how it can be if you cannot afford to make a visit regularly (e.g. ME) in terms of heavy bags and luggage fees.

emilyr said:
HOORAY! You all made my evening! LICORICE LOVERS of the world unite!

And iStar, I would LOVE it if you picked up some for me....as long as it does not put you out in terms of luggage because I know how it can be if you cannot afford to make a visit regularly (e.g. ME) in terms of heavy bags and luggage fees.

Hi emilyr,

Just got back from Toronto. I have your Twizzlers. :)

Get in touch with me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jeff1234 Expat Life 5
A Expat Life 0
Back