Typical Buenos Aires BS - Grocery Delivery

LostinBA

Registered
Lately, I've been thinking that perhaps I am far too negative on this country. Believe me, I'm really trying to be more positive. Love it or leave it right? Well, I now fall into the latter category but without the sufficient funds to leave, like so many others.

Today trying my best to think positively, I stocked up on overpriced groceries and opted for home delivery. With the great hope of redemption, I watched and trusted as the girl put my correct address on the ticket. She told me that it would be 1-3 hours to receive the goods. It's a sunny day and I had hope.

It's now going on 4 hours and upon calling several times because there is either (1) no answer (2) being cut off or (3) being left on hold for 10+ minutes, I'm told that the apartment address was entered incorrectly and was blamed for giving the clerk the incorrect address. Obviously somehow, some idiot there keyed it in wrong or some Coto driver smoked a joint and forgot the delivery. Of course everything frozen is probably now thawed and must be eaten right away. Another (albeit small) can kicked down the road of failure for Argentina.

Please someone enlighten me why is it that they cannot do much of anything well?! It's like living in deep dark Africa but hey, Africa is improving whereas Argentina is just getting worse!!! Africa has a growing middle class whereas Argentina's is shrinking. Africa is receiving massive foreign investment while Argentina receives very little and nationalizes investment made only 10 years ago.

Argentines accept that constantly fucking everything up is normal, acceptable behavior. They accept that manufacturing shitty products is ok. They accept that crappy customer service is fine...

It's all coming back Argentina. You got a bounce from the bottom and like every ball bounced up into the air, the natural order of things eventually catches up. The gravity of your absolute uselessness will pull this country back to where it belongs economically in rapid fashion. Not that 95% of you would understand much of what I just wrote...just like you think that BA is the best city in the world when most of you have never left this country.

Back