Ubers or taxis? currency exchange?

By my count there are now six ways to call a taxi in BA (wave arm, Uber, Cabify, Easy [?], BA Taxi, private radio taxi). And remis. I've used Uber with no problems and normally just wave an arm, also without ever experiencing a problem. Can anyone speak to the relative merits of the others, i.e., why choose/not choose Uber over Cabify or BA Taxi over Easy etc. - why the preferences?

Uber uber uber uber. Works great here, much cheaper than the US, no need to carry around lose pesos, and you will not get ripped off like certain taxi drivers are prone to do....

Outside of BA i am forced to use taxis. I hate them with a passion. Some taxi drivers are nice guys. Some try to squeeze another 100 pesos out of you, or more...and the taxis are always run down. no reason not to use uber in BA.

Uber uber uber uber. Works great here, much cheaper than the US, no need to carry around lose pesos, and you will not get ripped off like certain taxi drivers are prone to do....

So what's the insurance situation with Uber these days? God forbid that anybody loses an eye or an arm or has any other kind of riding incident but if they do, who pays out? Are there any examples of claims being settled? Given that Uber is not licensed in BsAs and that it's not lawful for local financal organisations to facilitate payments for them, how do insurers react to a claim?

Back