Uk Nationwide Visa Credit Card

LucreBorgia

Registered
HEllo again to everyone.
Has anyone have had any problem trying to withdraw money from an atm in buenos aires with a nationwide visa UK credit card? My fiancé is here and when we go to the atms it says or not authorized or that he reached his withdrawal limit... and he hasn't even been able to get money once.
did he have to have a permision from the bank to use it here? He did use it for buying in stores and the only tjing is that since it has a chip the stores have to call but we really want him to get money out withiut success.. any sugestions?

HEllo again to everyone.
Has anyone have had any problem trying to withdraw money from an atm in buenos aires with a nationwide visa UK credit card? My fiancé is here and when we go to the atms it says or not authorized or that he reached his withdrawal limit... and he hasn't even been able to get money once.
did he have to have a permision from the bank to use it here? He did use it for buying in stores and the only tjing is that since it has a chip the stores have to call but we really want him to get money out withiut success.. any sugestions?

stop throwing away your money and register with azimo or exchange4free

I'm with ejcot - I shudder to think of wasting all that money at ATMs.

But if your fiance must take money out of the ATM, has your fiance ever used the card outside of Europe with success? If so, try going to a Citibank and use one of the Citibank ATMs (they have Banelco ATM machines too, don't use those) and see if maybe it works there. I used to have problems with my debit card from the States at certain Banelco machines and never had problems at Citibank with their ATMs.

I had to use my card a while ago and had problems as well, in the end I found that ICBC (the Chinese bank) had no problems accepting my card. Some of the Citibanks work BUT you have to use specific machines of theirs -- in some branches they have various machines some just for their customers, some Citibank machines for clients and others, and some Banelco ones (look at the logos above the machines). My card won't work in the banelco ones but will work in their other machines.

Thanks and he did solve it taking out feom citi ATM.
As the first person answered, he needed to get the money out, if not I wouldn't have him taking it with the oficial rate... it is what it is and of course he has changed currancy but niw as ny question stated we needed to use an ATM. It seems the only one that lets him is CITI only.
And many places telling us the card was rejected the problem was that they don't know how to pass a card with a chip through the postnet lol

Never had a problem with ATM withdrawals but I always inform the issuer beforehand that I'll be using the card (between date x and date y) in the countries I'll be visiting. If your card is blocked it's usually because the system suspects fraudulent use.

Back