Um..hi

xohmyx

Registered
Hello, im sure this question has been asked before, but everyones diffrent so I wanted to get some advice/help.

Where is the best place to look for temporary rentals? Someone told me craigslist, but i dont really know how to go about looking for one, is there a better place to find them?
Which are the better neighbourhoods? I have a friend who lives in palermo so it would be nice to be near her but i get the idea thats a more exspensive part (or maybe i just dont know were to look for more afordable places) so apart form that what other neighbourhoods should i look at? (my friend warned me that i should stay away from boca area?)

If im honest, i want to spend as little as possible on acomadation (between US$500-$800 would be great but maybe thats being to much of a tight ass lol), but i dont want to stay in some dodgy little place were they classify a slightly oversized couch as a bed....
I have no idea if thats a realistic price but i figure people who have been there will know...so is it feesible or should i suck it up and spend more :p:confused:

**please excuse my slight over use of (brackets) =)

Don't apologise! The bracket is (in my opinion (and as a speaker of British English I guess that doesn't amount to much (unless you are British too (which might explain a lot (but probably doesn't))))) a thing of wonderous beauty to be used wherever possible.

elhombresinnombre said:
Don't apologise! The bracket is (in my opinion (and as a speaker of British English I guess that doesn't amount to much (unless you are British too (which might explain a lot (but probably doesn't))))) a thing of wonderous beauty to be used wherever possible.

Isn't that why they invented these: <[{}]>? (serious question).

Welcome xohmyx! Personally I'd live in Palermo (Oh, & I do!). But if you want something cheaper you might want to look in Abasto/Almagro. My friends found a place there for US$600 per month. There are plenty of sites out there. You can also try soloduenos.com.ar. Good luck!

mini said:
Originally Posted by elhombresinnombre

Isn't that why they invented these: <[{}]>? (serious question).

So says the writer of the Wikipedia article on Brackets http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket

...but the specific paragraph in which he makes his assertion about alternating different types of brackets inside nests is marked [citation needed]

PS That little cluster of <[{}]> didn't half play havoc with my formatting in IE8!

elhombresinnombre said:
So says the writer of the Wikipedia article on Brackets http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket

...but the specific paragraph in which he makes his assertion about alternating different types of brackets inside nests is marked [citation needed]

Gotta love Wikipedia!
And 1/2 brackets... Who knew? Those are wicked!

PS That little cluster of <[{}]> didn't half play havoc with my formatting in IE8!

Get a mac! ;)

Boca isn't so bad, theres a big soccer team there and all of the players and coaches live around the stadium which drives up prices, but there is a nice interaction if you see one kicking a ball down the street you can chat and have an asado

AkBill said:
Boca isn't so bad, theres a big soccer team there and all of the players and coaches live around the stadium which drives up prices, but there is a nice interaction if you see one kicking a ball down the street you can chat and have an asado

If you don't blend in very well with the locals you may be the one getting kicked down the street in Boca.

Your question has been asked at least a dozen and answered hundreds of times in this forum. Enter key words like "temporary, rental, barrio, and Palermo, etc." in the search box and start reading.

elhombresinnombre said:

I would be interested to know how you feel about the exclamation mark!

I have to resist the temptation to overuse....!

(PS I completely dig what you're saying about the bracket).

so i just recently (and by recently, i mean tomorrow) started working with a real estate management company here. i'm designing the web site and assisting with the rentals. the apartments are nice, reasonably priced, all inclusive, and all in nice neighborhoods. i'm still populating the site with content, but you should take a look and see if you are interested in anything. also, the guy that runs it works as a rep and will go around with you to view apartments (for a fee). he got us the place we just moved into which is a totally awesome palermo one bedroom ph with everything included for just $700/month.

http://www.buenosairespeople.com

if you have any questions you can p.m. me and i'd be happy to find out the answers.

a

Back