Undeliverable carta documento

ndcj

Registered
Before I find a lawyer, does anyone have any experience with how to deal with an undeliverable carta documento?

I'm canceling my 2 year rental contract using the resolucion anticpada (art 8. de la ley 23.091) and so I sent a notification to the landlord to the "domicilio especial" contained in the contract, which is/was a real estate agent, but it come back "Codigo Imposible Nº 5 (Domicilio incompleto)". The address is 100% correct and precisely as shown as the domicilio especial in the contrato.

Is the original carta plus the aviso enough now to satisfy my obligations, or is there some extra step I need to take? The landlord has been told verbally, but I don't want to leave anything to chance.

The carta documento is enough.
However, I suggest you double check the address, it might be wrong at the contract (its a trick ;)).
If you cancel the contract in advance you don t have right to get the deposit back, so, if you didn t give a garantia, there are no conseques.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
The carta documento is enough.
However, I suggest you double check the address, it might be wrong at the contract (its a trick ;)).
If you cancel the contract in advance you don t have right to get the deposit back, so, if you didn t give a garantia, there are no conseques.
Regards

The address is definitely correct. If I take the returned carta and just go and stick it under their door, is that enough? The address is definitely correct, I went and looked at it yesterday.

Right, no garantia, just one month deposit, so I figure I lose the month deposit as the indemnizacion, return the house in the same condition as it was, and that's all.

i think you need to send it back. try to go to that address yourself, drive there to see if it really exists

Back