Understandin the Farmers' Strike

"soulskier" said:
Oh no, it's hit the mainstream now! We report, you decide.
LOL that just made my day. I haven't had that good of a laugh in a while...

what do you think Fox News would say if people were blocking the highways for days in the USA?Ken

"kenmtraveller" said:
what do you think Fox News would say if people were blocking the highways for days in the USA?Ken
And now back to baseball, how about them Dodgers??? =D

"kenmtraveller" said:
what do you think Fox News would say if people were blocking the highways for days in the USA?
Ken
I was thinking the same thing. I'm all for the freedom of speach, but interfering with commerce is held in another regard in the states. I joked with a buddy on the phone last night: "If this was attempted in the U.S. , shotguns and bulldozers would create a quick path." On the other hand, I must say I am somewhat impressed how the majority bands together for a common purpose. Given, some of these pot-bangers maybe don't even know what they are protesting. Goes back to the "enraged society" syndrome that is Argentina. It seems, at times, as a corked volcano just waiting for a tremor to set it off. Part of this populace is just waiting for a reason to vent their frustrations. When was the last time we saw U.S. citizens NOT at a 50/50 draw (aside from out current leader's approval rating) . When I think of recent (last ten years) protests in the states...none of them created more than a ripple in the pond. Fuel restricions or frozen bank acounts, on the other hand... That's when people of all walks of life will toss bottles together.

Pescador, I can assure you that the people banging pots and pans know very well what they are protsting. These protests have occurred mostly in Barrio Norte and other more prosperous parts of town where there are professional and other educated people. These are not people who protest for fun. They are angry about the current political and economic state of affairs in the country. Tomorrow's pro government rally in the Plaza de Mayo will be sponsored, organized and funded by the government of Argentina!

Quoting "sergio": ". . . . Tomorrow's pro government rally in the Plaza de Mayo will be sponsored, organized and funded by the government of Argentina!"
Do you think that the notorious Luís D'Elia will be there? I'd stay away!

Back