Understanding The Personal Response To *150

bobg

Registered
When I did a *150# today I got this response:

SALDO:$104.74 VTO:07/02.
MIN OBT:14400 VTO: 12/02

I know, thanks to help I have received here before, that the VTO pertains to an expiration date. But what is the difference between the two dates shown here? And what's that MIN OBT thing about?

Thanks, Bob

MIN OBT: Minutos obtenidos? (obtained minutes) -- 14,000 minutes.. haha Seems unlikely.

Which company are you with?

probably "minutos obtenidos" - minutes you got extra. but 14400 would be a lot of minutes ... what company do you use?

Ah, he lists it in the subject: Personal.

https://www.facebook.com/personalargentina/posts/566813976680741

It means "minutos obtenidos," and according to the Personal Facebook they are only minutes that can be used between Personal phone numbers. I guess they just keep rolling over?

PERSONAL (owned by Telcom) used to carry your balance forward to the next month. No more. And all those unwanted marketing text messages? The consumer pays for them. You can register to have your home and cell phone removed from marketing lists. http://www.argentinaindependent.com/currentaffairs/newsfromargentina/dont-call-website-launches-successfully/

I charged 20 pesos to my PERSONAL cell as a test after a visit to their Callao/Santa Fe offices where a rep supposedly removed my phone number from marketing lists. In three days, PERSONAL reduced my balance to 1.99 with several text messages, one of which cost me 12 pesos. I didn't make any calls. You can see Consumos and recargas for your phone on their website.

personal pre pay is horrible.

they used to rob me of all my balance.

since I took their post paid. I realized I am talking fearlessly for long time on cellphone and cell phone bills are awfully low.

prepaid is a expensive business!

The tip for personal prepaid is to buy a pack every week for about $20 extra. That gives you loads of free minutes and text, think its around 100mins.

When I did a *150# today I got this response:

SALDO:$104.74 VTO:07/02.
MIN OBT:14400 VTO: 12/02

I know, thanks to help I have received here before, that the VTO pertains to an expiration date. But what is the difference between the two dates shown here? And what's that MIN OBT thing about?

Thanks, Bob

As per this: http://www.personal.com.ar/tienda/promociones/superchip/ Min Obt: 14400 means you got free credit to hablar or navegar for 10 days (14400/60/24 = 10). You must have charged 50 or more I'm assuming. Anyway this credit will expire on the 12th of Feb. Your credit (Saldo 104.74) will expire on the 7th of Feb.

Thanks to the many responders.

For whatever it's worth ... I have no problem with my credit disappearing. I don't text much, and don't make many calls, and the calls I do make/receive are short. I receive an occasional SMS from Personal but not from marketers. I got my account in January of 2012 at the Personal office on Callao.

Thanks again, Bob

Off-topic, my apologies, but every time I see ", Bob" in print I'm immediately transported to this.

Back