Urban Pavement Tile Woes

I’m generally ok until I step on a poorly set paving stone after some rain and I get a spurt of dirty rain water up my leg, then I think fuck this place.
those stupid paver tiles are the bane of my existence. i can only imagine what kind of sweet contract that supplier has since they seem to be all over the country :)

those stupid paver tiles are the bane of my existence. i can only imagine what kind of sweet contract that supplier has since they seem to be all over the country :)
They are a disgrace. Thank Larreta for that.

I now feel less crazy about yelling "Jesus fucking christ!" angrily in public knowing this sets the rest of you off too
There was a big effort to fix those paving stones for the last but one elections 4 years ago, at least in the better-off areas of CABA like Belgrano. They had pavements torn up for weeks on end. I don't know why it wasn't done this time around. It really needs to be done regularly, and elections are as good a motive as any, I suppose.

There was a big effort to fix those paving stones for the last but one elections 4 years ago, at least in the better-off areas of CABA like Belgrano. They had pavements torn up for weeks on end. I don't know why it wasn't done this time around. It really needs to be done regularly, and elections are as good a motive as any, I suppose.
In this country, without elections, some things would never get done.

Well, I was referring specifically to the new tile they have been using in the last few years, that as soon as it is finished it is lose ( I guess the friendly contractor goes cheap on the concrete to squeeze more money out of the city government )

View attachment 9416
Do you think there's concrete under there? I got the impression that the tiles just rest on sand. Which could be a perfectly sensible decision, it's like that in Holland where they get a lot more rain than here, but somehow in Buenos Aires it doesn't work.

Do you think there's concrete under there? I got the impression that the tiles just rest on sand. Which could be a perfectly sensible decision, it's like that in Holland where they get a lot more rain than here, but somehow in Buenos Aires it doesn't work.
They do not rest on sand, they are cemented ( unfortunately with not enough of it ).

Back