URGENTLY need Wilton's Candy Melts

FionaGig

Registered
I am making something special for my daughters 2nd birthday party at the beginning of May and urgently need Wilton's Candy Melts. Does anyone know where to get them .. is there anywhere in Buenos Aires? And if so, are they super expensive?

Not sure if you can get that brand here, odds are slim. But things of that nature can be found at a cotillon shop. Look around your neighborhood, its the store that sells costumes, cake molds and sprinkles. Good luck!

I agree--check out the cotillon shops, Maria Tutti in Belgrano has a lot of cake decorating stuff, and you might find what you need there.

If that doesn't work, when do you need them? My husband is planning a trip to the states in May, hasn't got a ticket yet, but if you want us to mule them for you and the timing works out, he can bring them for you. You would definitely need to order them and have them mailed as he is HOPELESS at finding things...not even the milk in the fridge..:rolleyes:

Umm... I'm from the US and havee NEVER heard of them. What are they?

there is none here i checked their website does not even have a rep for argentina. if you can have someone bring if not buy in the states mail to a freind in the states and gamble with the mail

Thank you all so much. I have tried various cotillon shops ... but will power on and keep looking! I am so amazed that it is sooo incredibly difficult to find an alternative to them!

I am making pops (http://www.bakerella.com/street-party/) and have honestly tried a million variations with other products with no success. All I can say is that these Milton guys must make a bucket being a monopoly!!

Thanks again and cheers.

They are like chocolate button melts but use candy instead, which apparently aren't as heat sensitive. You use them to dip/coat cake or other sweets in.

Jcyordenana said:
If that doesn't work, when do you need them? My husband is planning a trip to the states in May, hasn't got a ticket yet, but if you want us to mule them for you and the timing works out, he can bring them for you. You would definitely need to order them and have them mailed as he is HOPELESS at finding things...not even the milk in the fridge..:rolleyes:

Thank you kindly for your offer! I would love to take it up, however the party is on May 12th, so imagine that is not going to coincide :(

Back