Us Bank To Local Arg Bank Transfers

I've been watching Xoom daily and their rate seems to lag the official rate by a day or two. When the peso is increasing (against the dollar), Xoom is lower. When the peso is going down, Xoom is higher. I think for the convenience, Xoom is still the best option for US bank accounts.

FYI
For what it's worth I was making U$D transfers from my Ctibank NYC account to my B.A. Citi one up until at least Sept 2007
Call me a cock-eyed optimist but I would think it would be a matter of a few months until I'll be able to do that once again.

What are the fees for an international wire (outgoing) at your bank? Looks like Schwab charges $25 per wire.

Also what fees were your charged for the incoming wires in Argeninta? What Bank do you use?

FYI
For what it's worth I was making U$D transfers from my Ctibank NYC account to my B.A. Citi one up until at least Sept 2007
Call me a cock-eyed optimist but I would think it would be a matter of a few months until I'll be able to do that once again.
Do you know if you can open a US Citibank account online? Or only in a branch?

i am still unclear if as a resident with dni and local arg bank account one can wire funds into my local dollar account from outside argentina assuming proof of origin of funds. also can one send dollars out to an account outside argentina from same account? i know i can deposit and exchange within my account with no issue, but as far as wires in and out i'm still confused.
anyone?

Do you know if you can open a US Citibank account online? Or only in a branch?
You can open a Citibank account online, even if there are no branches in your state (as mine in Washington). You can treat it as an online bank, but still have a Citi ATM card.

I did tried to use my US debit card here (ITAU Bank) and did not work. Went to Colonia, used it in the local branch of Scotia Bank, got 600 USD but they charged my account 900 USD!, they stole me 300 USD. I am dealing with my bank now to solve the problem!!

I did tried to use my US debit card here (ITAU Bank) and did not work.
Did you try to get pesos or USD here? I had no problems getting pesos (except for a Friday when the ATM was low on bills and seemed to prioritize local accounts). No luck with getting USD out of the ATM so far.

I did tried to use my US debit card here (ITAU Bank) and did not work. Went to Colonia, used it in the local branch of Scotia Bank, got 600 USD but they charged my account 900 USD!, they stole me 300 USD. I am dealing with my bank now to solve the problem!!

There is a local Scotia Bank here in BsAs where I can use my ATM card to withdraw funds? If so could you tell me the location please?

Does anyone have updated information/experience on transferring funds to an Argentine bank account from abroad? Either in pesos or dollars.

I'm going to talk to my friendly bank clerk tomorrow to see what the deal is with Santander Rio and will post any information I glean afterwards, but I could do with an idea now.

Thanks in advance.

Back