US Citizen stuck with peso

Bsongo

Registered
Hi All!

I am leaving back to the united states tomorrow and after reading several threads, it sounds like I will have some issues converting my pesos back to the us dollar.

Is it true that I do not have an "official" way converting my unused pesos back to us dollars?

Please help!

Ps: if any would to exchange, please contact me. I am in Palermo.

When we left BA, this was two months ago, the branch of Banco de la Nacion in Ezeiza had a posted sign saying that the only people who could exchange pesos for dollars were Argentines, who had obtained prior permission from AFIP, and had a valid ticket to leave the country.

As I said, it was two months ago, I am sure that it has completely changed since then. Best of luck!

Fernandez have promised you can change you pesos today "at no less than 5.10" in the casa de cambios.....:)

TERKILD said:
Fernandez have promised you can change you pesos today "at no less than 5.10" in the casa de cambios.....:)

Hello, thank you for the quick reply.
Is this the institution you were referring to? http://www.aeromar.com.ar/

Sorry, but who is Fernandez?

Thank you!

Bsongo said:
Hi All!

I am leaving back to the united states tomorrow and after reading several threads, it sounds like I will have some issues converting my pesos back to the us dollar.

Is it true that I do not have an "official" way converting my unused pesos back to us dollars? Please help!

Ps: if any would to exchange, please contact me. I am in Palermo.

Bsongo, I will buy your pesos for dollars, but we have to agree on the rate. Tried to PM you but couldn't. If interested then email or message me jtusa at mindspring.
Suerte, Jim

Hi! Hve anyone tried the Amex travellers check? Seems there´s no undergoing control over this and you can take them back to the States and exchange them. In the AMEX website you can finde several places where to purchase and also check the place to cash it, very easy in the States. Hope this helps!

Good luck and if it works please let us know!

cblancobauza said:
Hi! Hve anyone tried the Amex travellers check? Seems there´s no undergoing control over this and you can take them back to the States and exchange them. In the AMEX website you can finde several places where to purchase and also check the place to cash it, very easy in the States. Hope this helps!

Good luck and if it works please let us know!

u need afip ´s approval for those too.

Back