US ex pats that married Argentine Citizen help

Really! That would be nice! Thank you for that information!

Thank you!

Sam
Hello

My passport has my Middle name my Birth Certificate does"nt, is this going to be a problem to get married in BA?

My fiance said they dont even ask for BC.???

Best

Sam

Hello

My passport has my Middle name my Birth Certificate does"nt, is this going to be a problem to get married in BA?

My fiance said they dont even ask for BC.???

Best

Sam

No, but once they see your birth certificate, you'll have to use your middle name in all official documents. They claim that earlier documents take precedence, so your name on the birth certificate is your only official name.

Hello

Im going to be moving to argentina and marry Argentine Citizen. Im US Citizen. I'll be retiring so Ill be living off my SS and savings. Do I have to show income to get married? I dont see it on the list of documents required.

Sam,
A few years ago we sponsored a couple getting married, in BA, all documents needed to be apostilled an officially translated . When presenting the docs to get a date in Court, someone has to translate, clerks spoke no English... At the Ceremony a licensed official translator was a requisite, by the judge, at Comuna 14 , Berrutti and Coronel Diaz, CABA..

We got married in 2004 and also needed a translator (licensed). You will not have issues to get married but you will run into issues if you want to get perm residency. You will need to get everything notarized at the US embassy and a statement that both names on those documents are equally valid.

No, but once they see your birth certificate, you'll have to use your middle name in all official documents. They claim that earlier documents take precedence, so your name on the birth certificate is your only official name.

Lunar
My Passport has my middle name, does that mean i need to have passport changed? As it appears on BC?

We got married in 2004 and also needed a translator (licensed). You will not have issues to get married but you will run into issues if you want to get perm residency. You will need to get everything notarized at the US embassy and a statement that both names on those documents are equally valid.

Nikad.
From what I been told you automatically get Perm Residency.

My dh had a space in his last name and his middle name initial on one doc and no space and the full middle name on the other doc, they would not take it as I explained before ( passport and birth certificate were different ). You don't need to do anyth but schedule an appointment at the US embassy, present your docs and get a note from them to present at immigration, in order to get perm residency and local id.

My dh had a space in his last name and his middle name initial on one doc and no space and the full middle name on the other doc, they would not take it as I explained before ( passport and birth certificate were different ). You don't need to do anyth but schedule an appointment at the US embassy, present your docs and get a note from them to present at immigration, in order to get perm residency and local id.
At what point is that done?

Or I can get new Passport without my middle name , Ill have time to do that!
Got it!

At what point is that done? with embassy?

<If all Docs correct
< Get Married
<File with Migrations
<Wait to hear back if they say go to embassy
<Go to embassy have them make a note

Hopefully done at this point

Thanks for help

Sam

Back