US recipients of SS payments

Thinking about the onerous POS move this morning and several options come to mind - 'spit before cashing', white out before cashing, can that part of the check be trimmed off before cashing? Get a Twitter account and insult and defame Impotus before cashing. Pray the IRS direct deposits to bank account.
The link above to the NY Times article is missing this important proviso as reported in the Guardian
  • Presidential cheques. Trump’s own name will appear on the $1,200 cheques being sent to cash-strapped Americans amid the crisis – so they’ll know who to blame when the cheques arrive several days later than expected.

Has anyone received the stimulus money deposited to their Social Security bank accounts yet? I received my deposit today just after midnight into the bank account designated on my tax return. I don’t yet collect Social Security.

Has anyone received the stimulus money deposited to their Social Security bank accounts yet? I received my deposit today just after midnight into the bank account designated on my tax return. I don’t yet collect Social Security.
My bank's site has been down all day but as of yesterday, nothing. It's BB&T (now Truist Bank through a recent merger). I'll post when I receive it.

The link above to the NY Times article is missing this important proviso as reported in the Guardian
  • Presidential cheques. Trump’s own name will appear on the $1,200 cheques being sent to cash-strapped Americans amid the crisis – so they’ll know who to blame when the cheques arrive several days later than expected.
Checks ARE NOT being delayed at all. A perfect example of fake news.

The IRS launched a second online tool designed to help expedite economic stimulus payments on Wednesday. April 15 2020
The Get My Payment portal will allow taxpayers to give the agency direct deposit information for their bank accounts if they didn’t include it on their 2018 or 2019 returns. Treasury and IRS officials are hoping to get the stimulus payments to as many people as possible through direct deposit to avoid delays.

Read a little more carefully. At IRS.gov it specifically states the following:
Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who are otherwise not required to file a tax return are also eligible and will not be required to file a return.

Any new developments ?

Social Security recipients should see their deposits by the end of next week, or so it was said.

Back