US recipients of SS payments

The recipients of the 1200$ through Social Security who had NOT filed tax returns are supposed to start receiving the money starting next weekend..
Why it is different for filers...don't know. For Mrfriendly....don't know.

Last edited:
The recipients of the 1200$ through Social Security who had NOT filed tax returns are supposed to start receiving the money starting next weekend..
I had already filed my 2019 taxes and got refund that was also direct deposited too! So not positive which one?

I filed my return and have direct deposit for my social security. No check yet.

to check you $1200 payment....

Go to 'getmypayment'...an IRS site

your SS number....with dashes xxx-xx-xxxx
your date of birth xx/xx/xxxx

to check you $1200 payment....

Go to 'getmypayment'...an IRS site

your SS number....with dashes xxx-xx-xxxx
your date of birth xx/xx/xxxx
After doing as you suggested, the response was that the payment would be direct deposited to my (social security) bank account on April 29.

After doing as you suggested, the response was that the payment would be direct deposited to my (social security) bank account on April 29.
A question to both of you. The IRS website GetMyPayment does require the SS number and date of birth, but it doesn't indicate entering the SS with dashes. It also requires a street address and a zip code.
Are you saying that you entered only the SS number with dashes and the date of birth formatted xx/xx/xxxx and you received a response about your payment? Or that you also put in an address and zip code but didn't mention it here? Thanks

Back