US recipients of SS payments

A question to both of you. The IRS website GetMyPayment does require the SS number and date of birth, but it doesn't indicate entering the SS with dashes. It also requires a street address and a zip code.
Are you saying that you entered only the SS number with dashes and the date of birth formatted xx/xx/xxxx and you received a response about your payment? Or that you also put in an address and zip code but didn't mention it here? Thanks
I entered ss#, DOB, street address and zip code. I received an error message without ALL the fields completed. I was previously receiving an error message until it was mentioned that I needed to use the dashes for my Social Security number. Genius!

I entered ss#, DOB, street address and zip code. I received an error message without ALL the fields completed. I was previously receiving an error message until it was mentioned that I needed to use the dashes for my Social Security number. Genius!

A little help. After you enter the site "GetMyPayment" . Where specifically LINK you enter the SS, DOB, Address and Zip? Quite a few options there !
Many thanks

Well, blessings upon you. I continue in the 'No Cigar' category with that IRS "Get My Payment" website or receiving payment via Social Security information. It's just inconceivable that in 2020 they could put up such a POS site, that's not only missing critical simple instructions - like the dashes in your SS number or that provides you no detailed error message or indication of what isn't matching and on top that you get maybe three tries and then screw you, try again in 24 hours. Thousands, tens of thousands of website programmers available in the world or a twelve year old kid from his bedroom desk could program a workable, useful website.

Bad news as my $1,200 check was delivered to my mail service in Miami. It won't do me any good there and it won't do me any good if I have it sent here. I suppose I can have it sent here, endorse it , and send back to my brother in the states. Any other ideas? I could have my mail service send it to me brother directly but no endorsement.

Bad news as my $1,200 check was delivered to my mail service in Miami. It won't do me any good there and it won't do me any good if I have it sent here. I suppose I can have it sent here, endorse it , and send back to my brother in the states. Any other ideas? I could have my mail service send it to me brother directly but no endorsement.
You should check your US bank for a downloadable app, and if they accept a photo or scan of the check. You could also call them.
Some banks do accept checks for deposit in this way.

You should check your US bank for a downloadable app, and if they accept a photo or scan of the check. You could also call them.
Some banks do accept checks for deposit in this way.
Hmmmm...worth a shot. Thanks!

Hmmmm...worth a shot. Thanks!
Another method that has worked: Forward the check to a friend or relative. Send the friend or relative a copy of your signature by e-mail. Give them the wording for a deposit request that includes your bank name, your name on the account and a bank account number, and "please deposit to" Ask them to sign the back of your check, forging a reasonable facsimile of your signature. Then put signed check + the deposit to this account note in an envelope and mail it to your bank's address where your account is located for deposit.

Another method that has worked: Forward the check to a friend or relative. Send the friend or relative a copy of your signature by e-mail. Give them the wording for a deposit request that includes your bank name, your name on the account and a bank account number, and "please deposit to" Ask them to sign the back of your check, forging a reasonable facsimile of your signature. Then put signed check + the deposit to this account note in an envelope and mail it to your bank's address where your account is located for deposit.

Send an e-mail to a friend with instructions as to what you want done. No need to have the friend sign the back of the check. It is sufficient for him to write: FOR DEPOSIT ONLY and the bank account number. Have friend mail check to the address of your bank and attach a copy of your e-mail in lieu of your deposit slip.

Back