US recipients of SS payments

Send an e-mail to a friend with instructions as to what you want done. No need to have the friend sign the back of the check. It is sufficient for him to write: FOR DEPOSIT ONLY and the bank account number. Have friend mail check to the address of your bank and attach a copy of your e-mail in lieu of your deposit slip.
Thanks for that. I seem to remember this working many years ago in another situation.

Interesting new advice just appeared regards these payments on the Social Security website. If you have an online account with SS you can sign in and read the entire posting. Unlike the useless IRS information the SS has a grid that defines various situations and how/when to expect payment.
For some time it appeared that if you received Social Security payments then the IRS would get your direct deposit information and send the Stimulus payment to your deposit account. But per the SS website, it depends!
This is their advice under these conditions:
#1 I began receiving Social Security retirement, survivors, or disability (SSDI) benefits BEFORE January 1, 2020.
#2 I filed a 2019 or 2018 tax return...
#3 I DO NOT have at least one qualifying child.
When and how will I receive my $1,200 payment?
The IRS began issuing electronic economic impact payments on or about April 15 to people who received a tax refund electronically, and to the same account as the tax refund.
If you did not get an electronic refund or no refund, the IRS will send your payment by mail. Payments will be issued on a staggered basis beginning in late April.
You may be able to use the IRS’ Get My Payment tool to provide or update your bank information to receive an electronic payment more quickly.
(Note: **Fat f*cking chance from my experience using the Get My Payment tool)

At Get My Payment - In order to get the response, this morning, I added a # to the apartment number, so #xx x Also typed everything in caps.
Payment Status
We scheduled your check to be mailed on May 01, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.
We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

You should check your US bank for a downloadable app, and if they accept a photo or scan of the check. You could also call them.
Some banks do accept checks for deposit in this way.

As a followup, I checked with USAA today and this is the way to go. Using the USAA mobile app and it'll be duck soup.

As a followup, I checked with USAA today and this is the way to go. Using the USAA mobile app and it'll be duck soup.
That's good news! Have only seen the service on offer, never used. A toast to duck soup.
But, if my check which apparently has been mailed to, where else?, my address in Argentina, ever arrives i'll be able to try to do the same, ojala.

A consideration.. If you have a Argentine SIM your Playstore will not show many the apps available in the USA. That was my case . Also if you want to download the Android app from within the Bank Web page you must introduce a USA phone number? (Format)

Need a new Google account..!

A consideration.. If you have a Argentine SIM your Playstore will not show many the apps available in the USA. That was my case . Also if you want to download the Android app from within the Bank Web page you must introduce a USA phone number? (Format)

Thanks RO, but as luck would have it I downloaded the USAA app many months ago. I forget from where.

Good considerations! I just checked Citibank the account. Using a cell phone, android, on an Argentine SIM, downloaded the Citibank app a few months ago while here in Argentina from Google Play and installed successfully. I don't remember what info was required, i.e., US phone number. Able to view US accounts and standard online functions.
When I signed on to check just now a drop down window appeared with a message - "if you want to deposit a government check, click here...." So Citibank US is on the ball and assisting you to deposit the Stimulus check!
I followed the instructions to sign up for remote check deposit, they advise that you must sign the back of the check, then you're taken to a window and instructed to take a picture of your check with the cell phone camera. Not having a check that's as far as I could go for now.
The short answer, with Citibank, you can be on an Argentina SIM, download the bank app from Google Play, deposit your check from afar.

Back