USA Govt to disclose Argentinian US bank account holders

6 January 2023 by Claudio Slotnik
The Government goes hunting for dollars: it will investigate accounts in the US that have not been declared by Argentines since 2018.
They assure that the agreement is broader than what some accountants estimated and that the data is already flowing from the United States....

that seems to go against with what the USA indicated in the previous article? sounds like a scare tactic.

although if true, i'm SURE they won't be using this as a political weapon...

What assets are impacted?

According to La Nación, the following common assets are subject to the tax

Among the assets affected by the Personal Assets Tax are real estate, vehicles (they are taxed for up to 5 years after their entry into the patrimony), savings that are kept in cash (in pesos or in foreign currency), registered personal property, checking account balances, titles (deeds I believe is the more accurate translation), shares, quotas or social participations (co-operative shares if you own part of a co-op I believe), the assets of companies when operating as a sole proprietorships, credits, and assets and deposits abroad.

On the other hand, fixed-term deposits, savings account balances, individual retirement insurance accounts, cooperative membership fees, rural real estate, titles and bonds issued by the State (municipal/provincial/federal) are exempt from tax, along with negotiable obligations and shares of mutual funds that meet certain conditions established by regulations.

Hi, is it possible to get a link to this article?

Back