USA to Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frinkiac7 said:
I'm about your age, OP, but given your post I've gotta ask...why Argentina?
Why there out of all places in the world? The ocean. I don't care for where I am at to be honest. It's feeling of being trapped. It was either there or Germany and since I don't have friends in Germany. I chose Argentina because my friends also show me photos of the places and it looks very lovely.

expatsyn said:
Why there out of all places in the world? The ocean. I don't care for where I am at to be honest. It's feeling of being trapped. It was either there or Germany and since I don't have friends in Germany. I chose Argentina because my friends also show me photos of the places and it looks very lovely.

Are you serious?

It's either Argentina or Germany?

There really may be other countries that are better than Argentina to move or flee to at this time.

I love living in Argentina and I can't imagine living in Germany

If you have $75-100K USD to buy property and a stable foreign income you could be as happy as I am here, too...two Km from the ocean.

The above figures do not apply to property in Capital Federal or GBA...where you will never feel close to the ocean...just a dirty river.

expatsyn said:
I'm sorry everyone. I'm busy with work and life. I DO have a life outside of the internet. I know it's a concept and hard to comprehend. I find it poor that people will call someone down without thinking that they are busy or something. Jeeze. Grow up.
Now, I want to thank you all for the information. I'm not some troll as someone stated.
Don't call me that. I'm actually quite serious about moving. A lot of this was very insightful and gave me a lot of information on where to start and what to be looking forward too. Most of you did help me and didn't tell me to go look over a 1,000 pages for a dozen different questions I had.
I'm sorry the job situation is very poor there.
I'm guessing it would be easier for someone with a degree to get a job in any country.
Not easy but easier.
It's easier for me to just open my own little forum area and read it myself because as I said. I am a busy person and have other things in life than constantly checking things all the time and so on.
Also, if you guys can't get along or be nice to people. Buzz off.
It's quite rude for someone to come ask for help than get called down because the lack of understanding.
Also, don't be fighting and calling each other names.
Oh, for the person who said to drop the attitude. I have a great attitude but I am smart enough to know how forum people are. If you don't have a backbone they will sit their and belittle you for no reason.

Now that is all said and such.
I want to thank the people who actually gave intelligent and helpful input. It means a lot.

I'm still trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, that maybe you simply don't express yourself well or something, and just come across as a person who thinks everyone is in existence to serve you.

We have people that come on here, make one post that gets a lot of people hopping (because most of us want to be helpful) and then we realize that the person never comments again. Your first post, with a mountain of attitude, made us think you were one of those persons, possibly.

Do you have any idea how much time and effort WE put into writing information on this board? You come on here and and start telling us not to tell you to go back through the ABSOLUTE TONS of information that we have painstakingly assembled over the years, you a brand new person here who has contributed absolutely nothing and is looking to get information for free on a VERY complex subject, some of which many of us have spent good money and time ourselves to accumulate, and you wouldn't expect us to have an adverse reaction?

Of course there are people on the internet who are going to mess with you - but you stand a MUCH GREATER chance of being screwed with by those when using the attitude that you apparently displayed, that somehow we all owe you something and should just shut up and provide it (without even a "please").

This "I need to be tough to show these internet a******s that I'm not a pussy" is a bit over the top, I'm afraid.

I mean, do you really think we're here for YOUR benefit? You actually tell US that your time is more important than OURS?

I have to tell you, when I saw your first post, I almost jumped on you myself. But I hesitated, thought maybe a nice informative post may do the trick instead. I came back about 4 hours later and decided to help you out a bit. I couldn't hold myself back on this second post of yours.

I do appreciate you at least thanking those of us who provided some decent information.

I don't mean to offend you, but before you come on all macho and demanding of resources (those of which we would have been quite happy to give you without attitude), please think twice about how you go about doing it. Think about the fact that WE are doing YOU a FAVOR, not the other way around.

If you did not mean your comments in this fashion, please try to figure out a way to blunt your words a bit. Or do you think you're the only one that is busy with life and work as well?

expatsyn said:
if you have friends in arg, maybe you should ask them some of these questions?

expatsyn said:
I'm guessing it would be easier for someone with a degree to get a job in any country.
Not easy but easier.

You don't even speak Spanish. What use are you to anyone here, especially with the shitty attitude?

expatsyn said:
It's easier for me to just open my own little forum area and read it myself because as I said. I am a busy person and have other things in life than constantly checking things all the time and so on.

If you don`t have patience to read through this forum and constantly check on things, DO NOT come to Argentina. This is a country that requires a LOT of patience. People take off whole days of work just to do a `tramite` -- signing some papers, getting out a document etc. I never understood how these things could take so long, but for everything you have to go into a building, check in with admin/informes, get a number, talk to someone, go sit down, get another number, wait an hour, talk to someone else, get another number, go to counter 35B, no sir you need to be a counter 22F, take a number and they will call you etc.

If you don't have TIME to read and plan now, do not bother coming here, because you need to learn to take the time to do things. And you need to learn the patience it takes to get anything done.

Everyone is busy, if you want to make a big life change then maybe you need to carve out the time to read this forum.

expatsyn said:

??? No one comes to Argentina for the ocean, I hope this was just a random response. And Argentina and Germany are ENTIRELY different cultures, entirely different philosophies on life, entirely different organisations.

Sounds like maybe instead of moving down here, you should just travel for awhile. Doesn't sound like you've seen much of the world, so maybe instead of making a permanent move you should consider a south american trip, and do the backpacking thing through the continent.

expatsyn said:

Have your friends shown you the pictures of all the ripped up trashbags, with old food and trash and mugre thrown all across the streets....everywhere? Have they shown you the inside of a public hospital? Have they shown you the subtes and have they described the large amounts of particle contamination? I'm just giving you a warning. This isn't Europe, it's not that pretty down here. But the girls are (guys I guess too if you're in to that).

Also, don't be fighting and calling each other names.

I would like to make it clear, that I didn't call anyone in specific a name. I just told them to perform an action.

btw

I don't think this guy is that rude. I mean, he is just being blunt. He did thank everyone who wrote something helpful....I've seen ruder people on the forums. And if "contributing" is what half of the trolls on this forum do, then I don't want to know what "trolling" is. I've already counted at least 3 people who came into this thread for no reason other than to say useless crap. At least Steve said something useful, even if he did only come in this thread to give me crap.

braytrain said:
I don't think this guy is that rude. I mean, he is just being blunt. He did thank everyone who wrote something helpful....I've seen ruder people on the forums. And if "contributing" is what half of the trolls on this forum do, then I don't want to know what "trolling" is. I've already counted at least 3 people who came into this thread for no reason other than to say useless crap. At least Steve said something useful, even if he did only come in this thread to give me crap.

This whole thread is one long troll. How many times, just in the last two weeks has this same question been asked and answered? Normally, I would just ignore it, but beyond being rude, this guy is condescending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back