USD/AED to ARS (Unofficial/BlueDollar Rate)

For those not following the lingo, AED is the the currency of the United Arab Emirates, the Emirati Dirham.

I have USD/AED in my Bank Account / Card.. Not in physically
This way its easy, you can send yourself western union transfert from emirates wu website and you will get at the moment better rate than the blue rate
FX: 1.00 AED = 198.5298 ARS

Attachments

• IMG_5143.jpeg
    IMG_5143.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 0
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I arrived to BsAs today with lots of USD, how do I know where to find the nearest cueva? In Palermo Soho for example? Thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I arrived to BsAs today with lots of USD, how do I know where to find the nearest cueva? In Palermo Soho for example? Thanks
It's as simple as putting the search term "cambio" into Google Maps. There are two on or close to Plaza Italia, and I previously posted that I use one on the corner of Av. Cabildo and Echeverria in Belgrano.

Do take precautions, there was a recent report of a lady being tracked from a "cueva" in Recoleta and being attacked by motorcyclists in the taxi she took. Be anonymous, have a place on your person to keep wads and wads of Pesos you will get with "lots of USD", and duck in and out of shops if you think it's necessary (easy to do at the locations I mentioned). It's best, of course, if you're more than one person.

The cambio / cueva itself is likely completely safe, they tend to machine-count the pesos in front of you, and give you bundles of 100 banknotes (2000, 1000, 500 Pesos denominations) in an elastic band. Depending on the amount you might be invited into a room for the transfer, I've never heard of anyone being robbed in this way.

Thank you, I appreciate the advice. How much do you think I should exchange and at what frequency? I’d like to take advantage of the inflating exchange rate but don’t want to have to cambiar muchas veces.

that all depends on what you are spending money on. fancy restaurants? housing? 100 USD gets you quite a few pesos

start small and if you need more, get more.

Back