Usd Cambio Spots

I can get delivery in Recoleta too. But not on the weekends.

The big guys don't work on the weekends. Saturday and Sunday are probably the worst days to change money because the rates are almost always low, doesn't matter what the day closed on Friday. And Fridays and Mondays are usually (depends on what else might be going on) the next worst days to change, although better than the weekend.

I don't know a single cambio place that is open on the weekends, outside of Florida & Lavalle, and those are arbolitos which are always open. The cuevas aren't open so a lot of the arbolito's support isn't there (although the cops still watch out for them).

If you have to change money on a weekend, your best bet is to go down to Florida and start finding out who has the best rate by hitting a couple of them up. There are guys around the Recoleta cemetery (where the restaurants are, other side of Junin) that will change money any time of day or night, but they are gougers for the most part. I've had guys offer me a whole peso below the exchange rate there (I almost always ask as I pass, just to see what's going on) but one time I had to change money, emergency, and got a "deal" about 20 centavos less than I could have gotten at an arbolito on Florida.

with the volatile rate at the moment , most of the guys are only open when the market is open.

After hours or weekends are tough and the rates offered will often reflect the volatility of the market

Most of the guys I know offer delivery but only to loyal clients and after a few monhs of doing business.

Ask for Gaston. He will take your dollars from you anywhere in the city, 7 days a week.

XvzM9LL.png

There's a place open Saturday morning from 10-1in the galeria under the Alvear palace hotel in recoleta. Enter from posadas

Ever heard of private messages? This thread is the live definition of a facepalm.

Back