USD to MP virtual wallet?

Do these Virtual Wallets require a Mercado Pago account?

Doesn't a Mercado Pago account require a DNI?

In other words, do you need a DNI to obtain a Virtual Wallet?

As of right now: seems there is a first transfer promo rate of 1244.38/1, while the rate is 1201.43 if I log into my account having already made several transfers before.

Hi SinPulgas :) I’ve been trying that (it was my first option) but even when i entered my Banco Ciudad bank account CBU from the WU page, whenever I try to make a transfer I get an error saying “there is a problem with my bank details”. CBU is correct and triple checked the data, still no success. Wonder if anyone else encountered the same issue.
A while back, I received the same error message from WU despite many many attempts over months. It finally stopped when I did NOT use my middle name, which is optional.

I recently started using MoneyGram and like it very much. Someone on the forum recommended it. It seems you can send fee-free transfers from the U.S. if you (1) pay with a debit card and then (2) send to a virtual wallet. You can also pay with a credit card, but there's a fee, and I haven't looked into the options of paying with a U.S. bank account directly and/or sending to an Argentine bank account (i.e., not using a virtual wallet). The money has arrived in my Mercado Pago account within 15-30 minutes and the rate has been a little less than CCL.
Pixer12 but you do have to enter a US billing address in MoneyGram as the only two options are debit or credit card, and my debit card billing address (even if issued by a US bank in this case) is in Argentina and it would not let me enter it as it asks for a 5 digit zip code and only lets you choose US states. I will try Dollar app and see what happens but I wish MoneyGram would let you pay with a US bank account directly as WU does.

Does Mercado Pago have the same transfer limits as banks do? My Brubank stopped working a while back because of this.
If I open a MP account can I get around it?

I recently started using MoneyGram and like it very much. Someone on the forum recommended it. It seems you can send fee-free transfers from the U.S. if you (1) pay with a debit card and then (2) send to a virtual wallet. You can also pay with a credit card, but there's a fee, and I haven't looked into the options of paying with a U.S. bank account directly and/or sending to an Argentine bank account (i.e., not using a virtual wallet). The money has arrived in my Mercado Pago account within 15-30 minutes and the rate has been a little less than CCL.
I tried that but my citibank debit card billing address is in Argentina. Which is not accepted by MoneyGram. There lies my problem. There's currently not an option within Monegram to start transfers from Bank Account directly.

Back