Vacation-Cordoba!

RobinsonGO

Registered
January=Vacation!!

Where to? Mina Clavero, San Marcos, San Luis?

I have searched "vacation cordoba" and "cordoba" and looked through the first 20 pages and couldnt find a good thread recommending nice places to stay in Crodoba; So lets start one!

Im looking for a little peace and a little adventure.
I am looking for either bungalows to rent or a farm-stay plus a night or two of Camping; maybe a night in a hotel in downtown but I'd prefer to spend most of the time en el aire libre. Im searching for a couple day trips of hot springs, trails and vistas?

Suggestions?

Happy Holidays!

Dont mean to bring back up my own thread again but surprised to not hear one reply...

Has nobody gone to Cordoba for vacation and enjoyed a good priced bungalow in Villa Carlos Paz, Capilla del Monte, Uritorco, Rio de Cebollas or somewhere special in the area?

I know there is a hot spring near Uritorco, horse back riding, and camping all through the area. I am starting to makes calls and send email for the prices and accommodations but would gladly hear suggestions, tips or horror stories if you got'em!

If not, no worries, I will make sure to update this thread with my observations after the trip!

Slds!

Hey Robinson,

I am waiting for a friend to give me feedback on the bungalows where she goes each summer. Can't remember the name of the area... my brother is going to Ascochinga, but can't tell you much either.

Carlos Paz is great but too crowded...

The only thing I know is that Cordoba is VERY HOT in the summer.

Río Ceballos is a beautiful area, as is nearby Salsipuedes (where I got married). Honestly, Córdoba has so many cute towns that it is hard to pinpoint just one. I also loved Villa General Belgrano but I went during Okterberfest - not sure what it is like the rest of the year.

I must say that Carlos Paz never impressed me that much.

Tonight I'll ask my hubby (he's Cordobés) what he thinks are the best places to visit and I'll let you know.

In the meantime, look through this: http://www.welcomeargentina.com/sierras/index_i.html

And definitely give San Luis a thought too. Merlo and Potrero de los Funes are both gorgeous.

This past winter, we went to La Poblacion, Cordoba. It is a tiny little town near San Javier and Yacanto in Traslasierra. AMAZING.
And we stayed in a wonderful cabin: http://www.lamoritacba.com.ar/loft.htm
Seriously, check it out! It is best to go to this area in a car, as there is little public transportation.

There is a wonderfull place called el Durazno in the Valle de Calamuchita and some cabañas called La isla that are very quiet and awesome.

Cheers

Franck

we went to cordoba last march, rented a car in the city and went up to la cumbre (not to be confused with la cumbrecita!). lovely little town surrounded by gorgeous landscapes. spent the night at hostal la cumbre which was once an english mansion. simple, friendly, in a garden, (we had a double room with private bath), and the veranda has a view to die for. the next day we drove east for several hours along a dirt road with magical landscapes until we hit the misiones. it was great.

Back