Vacation in Mendoza

Lost,

What will be the new situation basis the new rules?

There has not been an official communication from the local government, yet (they are waiting for the national DNU to be published). But from what I read in the local news: there will basically be the same rules in Mendoza as announced by the president. They speculate about minor modifications only (like keeping the supermarkets etc. open an hour longer - until 7pm instead of 6pm).

Lockdown it is. Even the police checkpoints are back.

Enjoy life for a bit!
By dying? There are millions of Argentines w/o enough to eat who can't hit the streets to try to cobble something together, surely you can binge watch netflix for another few months.

By dying? There are millions of Argentines w/o enough to eat who can't hit the streets to try to cobble something together, surely you can binge watch netflix for another few months.
Nope. I will like to take a vacation as and when the law permits. I will not be swayed by your sermons.

I was preparing and taking precautions for this virus starting back in February 2020 when The Amazon Post was running headlines like "The Flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus" and Vox was mocking Silicon Valley for avoiding handshakes. I'll continue to take the threat seriously for those who are unvaccinated, have health problems and the elderly.

It's abundantly clear at this point that half ass lockdowns don't work. If you want a lockdown to be effective, you have to go Chinese style and bring out the military, solder apartment building doors shut, forbid people leaving their homes even to get groceries. Delivery only. Only a very select group of workers permitted outside.

Peru and Argentina have had some of the "strictest" lockdown policies in the world. These policies were not effective because it's impossible to enforce. All they do is kill the economy.

As long as people take reasonable health precautions, they should be able to travel, spend money to support local businesses.

Sitting home on the couch, not getting sun light, not exercising is not the solution.

I hope more gringos get out there in Argentine interior, spend money and help reactivate the economy, especially the small family businesses who have been hurt the most.

Back