Vanilla Beans..???

EvergreenGal

Registered
Hello all! I am in need of vanilla beans for a Christmas tart I am making...and not sure where to even try and locate some....

Any help is appreciated....in Zona Norte please....

Good luck EvergreenGal, its hard enough finding pure vanilla extract never mind vanilla beans.

I brought back three huge bottles I bought from Costco on my last trip to Toronto. You are more than welcome to some if you need :)

IStar...how kind of you! You know my family here won't know the difference between pure vanilla extract and the stuff you buy here...lol!

I just found on a website of subsitutions that 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract to each 1/2 vanilla bean....so maybe 3 tablespoons to 1 with the BA extract!

iStar said:
Good luck EvergreenGal, its hard enough finding pure vanilla extract never mind vanilla beans.

I brought back three huge bottles I bought from Costco on my last trip to Toronto. You are more than welcome to some if you need :)

Vanilla beans are on sale at Casa Polti in Belgrano. The website is above.

Natural Deli sometimes have vanilla beans -- unfortunately not in Zona Norte but they re in Recoleta and Las Canitas (behind Solar shopping on Gorostiaga)

They have vanilla beans at all the "dietéticas" I've been to. I haven't had problems finding the at all.

Maikito, you are oh so right! I just dropped into my local Dietetica and they had them...very nice too....1 long vanilla bean encased in what feels like a light weight glass....1.8 grs. for 9 pesos...

I am happy!!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions....found it in my own backyard, how cool is that!! :)

Back