Venezuela Lawmaker Calls Chavez Out

sesamosinsal

Registered
Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSnHG1PfM8E

Representative Marina Corina Machado called Chavez out during the "Presentación de la Memoria y Cuenta 2011" ... I'm not very well tuned into Venezuela politics. Any experts? Any Venezuelans?

Here's a translation of the video:

MACHADO: "Mr. President, we've been listening to you for eight hours..."

CHAVEZ: "Eight?"

MACHADO: "...describe a country that's completely different from what we Venezuelan women and mothers have come to know.

We are tired of hearing about increases in milk production when you know that today there are women, mothers who go to stores and fight for a liter of milk because they don't have any to take home. Now is the time to respond to the country!

It's time to respond to the 180,000 mothers and women who, in the last 13 years, have lost their children, their husbands, their fathers, and those who haven't seen justice. That's what a decent Venezuela wants to hear, a Venezuela that doesn't want to head toward communism.

We want respect for property, and we want solidarity, justice, growth. How can you talk about respect for the private sector in Venezuela when you have expropriated -- stolen -- properties of companies..."

CHAVEZ: "Stolen?"

MACHADO: "Yes, and small businesses, even small houses that weren't even compensated for their properties.

Tell Venezuela the truth! Here we have a decent Venezuela that wants profound change, and now is the moment to confront this historic challenge ahead of us with seriousness and responsibility. The time has come! It's time for a new Venezuela. Yes, accept the debate, Mr. President."

CHAVEZ: "Well, first, I suggest you win the primaries, right? You win the primaries! It's the first thing you have to do. Because you're out of the ranking to debate me. I'm sorry to say it, but that's the truth. And regarding you calling me a thief in front of the entire country, I'm not here to insult. The eagle doesn't waste time hunting flies, Representative! It's unfortunate that you took the floor to call the President a thief -- Very well. Thank you, Representative."

Rest assured that this corageous person will find herself confined in a jail cell soon .
Kudos for standing up to that bufoon !
The emperor is naked indeed !

how do you figure ?
did you see the video where he completly mocks her hours later in one of his famous circle jerks with all the head bobbers sitting around him and smiling without knowing what they are smiling or aplauding about ?

Back