Very funny - The Jessica Yolanda Parody

TrevorCito

Registered
I came across a parody in castellano that's hilarious.

It was written many years ago to mock upper class independent argentine women obsessed with plastic surgery and who speak in a way that tries to identify them as upper class and educated. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OQDApUIM34

Es para las cabronas!

Yo me llamo Jessica Yolanda,
Voy a la playa con malla amarilla,
Tomo yogurt yoplait de vainilla,
y me lavo el cabello con shampoo de manzanilla.

and.... la puta que te pario!

Wait for the ending.... it's worth it :)

from the comments below it looks like they're Chilean comedians taking the piss out of Argentinian ladies. Fair enough, I think they've had their share too :p

gatoverde said:
from the comments below it looks like they're Chilean comedians taking the piss out of Argentinian ladies. Fair enough, I think they've had their share too :p

Definitely they are Chilean travesties from a Chile TV program called Los Quintana.

The Jessica Yolanda thing (SHesica SHolanda) is to mock "tacky" people and not "posh" people. "Posh" people don't say the "y" and "ll" like "sh", that's why they mock the SH sound of Jessica, Yolanda, Playa, etc.

bebero said:
The Jessica Yolanda thing (SHesica SHolanda) is to mock "tacky" people and not "posh" people. "Posh" people don't say the "y" and "ll" like "sh", that's why they mock the SH sound of Jessica, Yolanda, Playa, etc.

I find it interesting that the ll and y sounds have morphed from the original Spanish into several alternatives. Anybody know why?

Originally Posted by bebero

TrevorCito said:
I find it interesting that the ll and y sounds have morphed from the original Spanish into several alternatives. Anybody know why?
Let's not forget they're Shilenos

Back