Vet Certificate

cruizes

Registered
Who has the cheapest price now so I can get my cat out of Argentina. Sebastian's used to have a good price but then got very greedy. What should the going price be?

My vet explained that they will need to fill out the SENASA form and said that that is it - no other certification is needed. Not sure how much they will finally charge me because prices change every year (maybe $180 x 2 for the rabies shots for my dogs) but it should not be expensive.

So does that mean that I can go to the SENESA office in Puerto Madero myself and get the form?

You need to get the health certificate from your vet and then go to SENASA where they give you the documentation for traveling.

For an extra 100 pesos the Store where my vet is located offers a service to go with the certificates and bring back the approved form. You have to get the timing right for the vet check and duration of the forms. But they know what they're doing and they tell you when you'll need to submit the required info to them and when the forms will be delivered
Please be aware that you will need to make an additional trip to SENASA at the airport to pay what I resentfully call an "exit tax on my 3 kg. dog" the day of your departure BEFORE YOUR AIRLINE WILL ALLOW YOU TO CHECK IN. This process gets my highest rating for "theater of the absurd masquerading as real life in Argentina". Not only do you need to go to SENASA before checking but the same day as your flight with your approved form in hand, but you then need to pay your fee at the BANCO DE NACION there at a different location, then return to SENASA there, pick up your papers again and march on to your airline terminal with bags and pet in hand. .....no easy feat since the terminals can be at least a half mile apart. Leave yourself the needed extra time when calculating your airport arrival time!

Back