Video, school bus/train accident

Wow, I don't think the bus driver was thinking at all! Freakin' idiot, putting the lives of all those children in harm's way.

Wonder when the government is going to nationalize school-bus drivers!

Seems to be the same psychology that causes people to push forward in queues as if that would somehow change the speed at which they are attended to.

Most likely the driver panicked & tried to reverse not realizing that he was in 1st gear. What a clueless fool indeed.

Actually, it could be a perfect metaphor...the bus is Argentina & its driver is Cristina Kirchner.

Nobody in a vehicle here thinks. I live by an intersection where there isn't a stoplight, and in the evening, it's a complete zoo.

When a stoplight goes out at an intersection in the U.S. (at least where I'm from in the U.S.), it's amazing how well everyone generally handles it. Everyone comes to the light, stops, and waits for other cars to drive through. Then, they take their turn. Here, everyone tries to get through the intersection at the same time. No one stops for anyone; everyone is honking her/his horn; and pedestrians are stuck in the middle of it.

It says a lot about Argentine society.

there are too many "jobs for the boys" in this country. Probably he's the cousin of a cousin of a friend of some guy and got him the job. Woefully lacking in the actual skills required to do the job but a good bit of nepotism never did anyone any harm, did it?

the big crash in Once seems to have been caused by poor maintenance (more jobs for the boys...), underfunding, corruption, etc but let's not forget how many of these bus/train crashes over the last few years have been caused by simply staggering incompetence by people paid precisely to be calm, able and patient.

JEEEZ. WTF!

Trains just don't get along with Argentina.

I will say that according to the news story we saw a few days ago on this, the bus was not able to go in reverse, and had not been able to for over a year. So the problem was that he did not stop in time. If you look at where he is before he pulls out more, he still would have been hit by the train.

You would think that a country that cares so much about kids, that they would do what it takes to protect them when they are on the freaking bus.

Thankfully that in this instance, it was only the engine of the train running on the tracks. If that had been a train pulling a bunch of cars, this would have been a whole lot worse.

Can't afford to fix the trains or to fix the school buses...but CFK and her goonies continue to get richer and richer.

Back