Video: The expat view from Buenos Aires

Sleuth said:
Hmmm...

http://youtu.be/4jXzyvwYksY

Some expat views on Argentina put together by the Financial Times.

This paints a pretty rosy picture of Buenos Aires. The video though doesn't try to hide that fact because they use the archaic and meaningless phrase, "Paris of the South".

At one point the guy said something to the tune of, "the lack of long lines and lack of bad customer service in the United States is a bad thing".

I might be a little crazy but I don't think I agree with the guy.:rolleyes:

Everyone in the video seems to be saying things like "oh we're learning" from all the bad experiences. I guess that's the way some people look at it, but then there are some of us who want to settle down and then dealing with long lines, etc is not so fulfilling.

Everyone looks at BsAs from their perspective, and that's fine. In my perspective, the video kind of went out of its way to make everything sound positive and then they gave it a blanket title of "the expat view from buenos aires".

The video seems like a student film and they are playing with video software, instead of a video from the FT. I was dizzy with all the sweeps.

Wow, it almost made me regret that I am leaving BA. Maybe it is a little too rosy picture of BA, but I did fall in love with BA and I did move here, so it does have something....

garygrunson said:
The video seems like a student film and they are playing with video software, instead of a video from the FT. I was dizzy with all the sweeps.

Wow, it almost made me regret that I am leaving BA. Maybe it is a little too rosy picture of BA, but I did fall in love with BA and move here, so it does have something....

Its a beautiful city and has a lot to offer. But sometimes the craziness can be overwhelming making you hate the damn place. I am just saying that the craziness has never made me stop and think, "oh wow, what a great learning experience, too bad my home country isn't crazy and downright barbaric enough".

It feels like I'm watching the Brock Landers documentary from Boogie Nights. All it's missing is someone watching a sunset in the closing shot.

Or as Dirk Diggler says, "It's like Napoleon when he was the king of the Roman Empire".

LostinBA said:
It feels like I'm watching the Brock Landers documentary from Boogie Nights. All it's missing is someone watching a sunset in the closing shot.

Or as Dirk Diggler says, "It's like Napoleon when he was the king of the Roman Empire".
Best part of a great movie! If you loved that you should watch the Corey Haim "comeback" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqWPrzN6fjw&feature=relmfu

Good to see something positive for a change. Thought the Brit was the most up front though.

.....and then Furious Pete 'eating Buenos Aires'.............that left me on the floor :)

surfing said:
Best part of a great movie! If you loved that you should watch the Corey Haim "comeback" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqWPrzN6fjw&feature=relmfu

I'll bet the whole crew filming him was just humoring the poor guy while waiting for him to bring out the cocaine.

As he says at 4:42, "I'd have to say the way I'm feeling these days is intense...powerful"...yep. Coke. That was like watching a fatal car crash in slow motion. Thanks!

nicoenarg said:
Its a beautiful city and has a lot to offer. But sometimes the craziness can be overwhelming making you hate the damn place. I am just saying that the craziness has never made me stop and think, "oh wow, what a great learning experience, too bad my home country isn't crazy and downright barbaric enough".

Actually, that was exactly my reaction. I felt strongly that my home country could use some of BA's cowbell in everyday life. Still do.

Back