Viloence against women

donquixote

Registered
I don't want to jump to conclusions but I'v seen more then a few women walking down the streert who look like they have been run over by a truck. Of course the way people drive here that is entirely possible.

remember that plastic surgery is a popular way of battling physical imperfection and aging in argentina-a nose or chin job or a face lift can make a person look like s/he's been smacked in the face for a few days. argentine women tend not to worry about the stigma of plastic surgery and wear their post-surgery scars proudly.

First of all Don Key Hote, why don't you check your spelling before you post a thread. VIOLENCE.....repeat after me...VIOLENCE.
Right, now you started with a title of significant import her....VIOLENCE TOWARDS WOMEN.
If you're going to start a discussion about a very serious subject, please follow it through and contribute an intelligent comment or two instead of talking crap.
I give up...honestly.

To make generilasations on Women and violence based on limited knowledge of a society is unfair at all times.
Violence is not a joking matter .

If I offended anyone I apologize. I admit I could have been more sensitive. My style of writing is tongue in cheek and satire. Please take note I did not write the article in question. If the article is inaccurate please please counter with argumentation. I do not single out Argentina for criticism. I write is what I see and feel. Much of my greatest criticism has been of my birth country. I feel embarrassment for my president and my country's history of imperialism, past and present.

DQ

Just for the record and being a woman, I did not see the big deal in Donquixotes post and the need for such defensive posts.
As a women, who has also been subject to male violence in my past, personally took no offence and immediately understood the subtle if dark humour in the post.

I was about to say the same thing auntieapple.
Was he not just showing concern for women? He made it clear what his fears were but he left the debate open to others so he could be sure of what he thought, or reasured to the contrary.
If people are always to be shouted down when they raise a concern, less people will be willing to bother and when something terrible is happening, no-one will do anything about it.
I find it best to just let people know they are worrying for nothing, point out why they got it wrong and thank them for their concern, albeit unnecessary.
Besides, I'm sure that the people who should be jumping to the defence of Argentinian men are Argentinian men themselves. I would have thought they are capable of defending themselves and don't need expats to stick up for them with such hostility.
There seems to be a vein of hostility on this forum, which is often the case. On this forum, however, there seems to be a battle between those who like the Argentines and those who don't; those who attack and those who jump to the defence. It's always better to bear in mind that each of you has your own set of experiences and there will never be a consensus on this, that or the other.

There is NO violence against women in Argentina! It just does not happen here, the place is calm, serene, beautiful, intelligent people crowd the streets, no EGO issues are ever brought up that I have ever heard of. Violence against women here is just not an issue. This is just rumor. People who say this are just trying to make Argentina look bad.
Has anyone died in the hands of a man here? Nope. Do women say anything negative of their men, nope. Y'all, in the land of cloudless skies, breezy parks and larks singing on tree tops, Argentina is the best place to enjoy safety as we want it especially for women . The men in Argentina do not cheat, lie or break your heart, ever. I have known one who had a bad break up here. It is just against everything that the boys are taught by their mothers. Find your self that middle to upper middle class guy, I was told lately there is a surge in their numbers - so a call to all the women out there, this is the prime time to look for your man, for there is NO violence against women in Argentina, y'all. I hope everyone gets that. And please stop spreading such lies or even hinting that there could be violence here. Men respect their women here. The men know that women can be intelligent, successful, make more money than anybody can. They respect all women here, especially if a woman has opinions that differ from their own. Respect is really a big thing here amongst men and women. So NO violence here. And I like just like that.
Last time I saw a man slap a woman so hard across her face, broke her nose, it bled was in front of a lavanderia. I said, she deserved it coz she was unrespectfully answering back at him. Why should I get concerned, right? Had totally nothing to do with me. I respect their right to argue and if needed get physical. It happens. Another woman should never get in between a couples woes, for all I know he might take his anger (w/ knife, gun, his knuckles) out on me - NO WAY Jose! This was just a one time occurence and I never saw anything like that again. So I can safely say that Violence or hostility against women is NOT in this country.
Happy New Year Y'all!

"Matty" said:
There is NO violence against women in Argentina! It just does not happen here, the place is calm, serene, beautiful, intelligent people crowd the streets, no EGO issues are ever brought up that I have ever heard of. Violence against women here is just not an issue. This is just rumor. People who say this are just trying to make Argentina look bad.
Has anyone died in the hands of a man here? Nope. Do women say anything negative of their men, nope. Y'all, in the land of cloudless skies, breezy parks and larks singing on tree tops, Argentina is the best place to enjoy safety as we want it especially for women . The men in Argentina do not cheat, lie or break your heart, ever. I have known one who had a bad break up here. It is just against everything that the boys are taught by their mothers. Find your self that middle to upper middle class guy, I was told lately there is a surge in their numbers - so a call to all the women out there, this is the prime time to look for your man, for there is NO violence against women in Argentina, y'all. I hope everyone gets that. And please stop spreading such lies or even hinting that there could be violence here. Men respect their women here. The men know that women can be intelligent, successful, make more money than anybody can. They respect all women here, especially if a woman has opinions that differ from their own. Respect is really a big thing here amongst men and women. So NO violence here. And I like just like that.
Last time I saw a man slap a woman so hard across her face, broke her nose, it bled was in front of a lavanderia. I said, she deserved it coz she was unrespectfully answering back at him. Why should I get concerned, right? Had totally nothing to do with me. I respect their right to argue and if needed get physical. It happens. Another woman should never get in between a couples woes, for all I know he might take his anger (w/ knife, gun, his knuckles) out on me - NO WAY Jose! This was just a one time occurence and I never saw anything like that again. So I can safely say that Violence or hostility against women is NOT in this country.
Happy New Year Y'all!
Very funny. You could continue with:
"and there aren´t any ungrateful expats, who bitch and moan "about the cow (Argentina), even though they are continuously milking it (for example living a pretty good life style on a cheap budget)"

"TatanBsAs" said:
Happy New Year Y'all!

"and there aren´t any ungrateful expats, who bitch and moan "about the cow (Argentina), even though they are continuously milking it (for example living a pretty good life style on a cheap budget)"
Tatan you are living under a rock dude. Argentina is the dearest country for expats in South America .Very funny. You could continue with:

Back