Visa entry: valid or not?

Bakry

Registered
I have a multiple entry visa (90days validity) issued on April 1st, valid till July 1st. I entered Argentina first time on May 15 (90 day stay validity, multiple entry). I already exited and re-entered Argentina and plan to do so a few more times. The end of my 90 day stay is August 14, does that mean that I can exit and re-Enter till then? Or is it that I can’t re-Enter after July 1st because that’s the visa validity? This is quite confusing. I plan on going to Chile for a few days, then come back to Argentina in July, but not sure if they’ll
Allow me!

Hi, I’m assuming that you don’t actually require a visa, and that by “visa” you refer to the stamp you received in your passport upon entry to Argentina.
Assuming that’s the case, each and every time you re-enter the country you are given 90 days in the country anew. Each entry stamp should bear the text TURISTA 90 DIAS.
It is possible for it to be held that you have abused this facility and thus not be allowed to enter the country. But I’ve never heard of that happening over the span of 3-4 months.
Hope this helps.

Hi, I’m assuming that you don’t actually require a visa, and that by “visa” you refer to the stamp you received in your passport upon entry to Argentina.
Assuming that’s the case, each and every time you re-enter the country you are given 90 days in the country anew. Each entry stamp should bear the text TURISTA 90 DIAS.
It is possible for it to be held that you have abused this facility and thus not be allowed to enter the country. But I’ve never heard of that happening over the span of 3-4 months.
Hope this helps.
Hi, thanks. I do actually need a visa which I had to apply for before coming into Argentina. Yeah, it isn’t that easy!

If you need (and have) an actual visa, then the answer is straightforward.
The visa governs entries to the country. Once you have entered, if your visa is expired, you can stay for as long as immigration admitted you, but cannot enter the country again without a new visa.

If your actual visa is good through 1 July, that means you cannot enter the country after 1 July. It’s that simple.
When you have entered before 1 July, you can stay for the duration of time for which you were admitted (normally 90 days), but cannot exit and reenter after that date.

There are certain rare exceptions (the US allows re-entry after short visits to Canada/Mexico/Caribbean even if visa is expired, under a mechanism called “automatic revalidation”) but generally speaking the rules work as above.

If you need (and have) an actual visa, then the answer is straightforward.
The visa governs entries to the country. Once you have entered, if your visa is expired, you can stay for as long as immigration admitted you, but cannot enter the country again without a new visa.

If your actual visa is good through 1 July, that means you cannot enter the country after 1 July. It’s that simple.
When you have entered before 1 July, you can stay for the duration of time for which you were admitted (normally 90 days), but cannot exit and reenter after that date.

There are certain rare exceptions (the US allows re-entry after short visits to Canada/Mexico/Caribbean even if visa is expired, under a mechanism called “automatic revalidation”) but generally speaking the rules work as above.

Great clear answer, thank you so very much. I must say not the answer I was hoping for, but makes sense. So basically I have to finish everything that I need to see and do in Argentina before I exit, since my visa expires on July 1. Thanks again

Back