Visa for Brazil at Iguazu

ct1

Registered
Hi,
Sorry...been searching for some info on this but hard a clear answer. Was wondering about getting a visa (Australian passport) to cross over onto the Brazil side at Iguazu. How long did it take and how much? What is the process? I heard it takes 6 hours - do you go and come back later? Also, do they process at the weekends? We can probably only go from Fri - Sun.
Thanks!

When I went, we just went to the border, got a stamp in our passport to go to the DUTY FREE SHOP, then hopped on the local bus that goes back and forth between the two cities, paid AR$3, and then went to Foz de Iguaçu. Spent about 3 hours walking around, and then took the bus back.

We were told how to do the sneak over by some semi-official looking people outside the immigration building. It was ridiculously basic.

Or, you can pay a taxi driver ~US$50/person to do the same thing.

I don't know the etiquette or sneaky ways - but as an Aussie, you must get/but a visa for Brazil - that is the law. Buy the visa in advance and you can get over easy

Dolly said:
I don't know the etiquette or sneaky ways - but as an Aussie, you must get/but a visa for Brazil - that is the law.
Same for the USA.

There are many laws in this world.

yep agreed you need a visa..we couldnt even carry our US born baby over the border because he didnt have his visa even though we were fine. We got the visa from BR embassy in 2 weeks - was 300 pesos for 2 weeks some years ago..no idea now...not sure I would say it was worth it just to see the falls from a different perspective for a few hours.

ct1, I've posted about this many times in the past. Search my posts with Iguazu and visa keywords.

There is a Brazilian vice-consulado in Puerto Iguazu with same-day visa service. Leave the app in the morning (w/ passport, photos, and payment), then pick the visa up before 1pm. You can get the consulate's office info at http://www.conbrasil.org.ar/CONSBRASIL/mapa.asp -- click the blue dot on the map (top-most upper right side). Call and check the latest requirements, fees and hours of operation. I know there were some big changes with visa applications earlier this year (electronic apps), and the process may have changed at Iguazu as well, so call to be sure.

Good luck!:rolleyes:

Back