Visa Overstay Question

Big_m

Registered
Hi,

Need some advice.

I am going to overstay my tourist visa by about a week then I go to Iguazu and will be going to Brazil.

Does anyone have any specific advice on

1). Whether I will be allowed on to the internal flight from the airport in town
2). If I dont can I pay the fine there
3). If they let me on, will I have any problems getting into Brazil with an overstay here?

Anyone with any info / experience. V.grateful.

Matt.

Most probably all that will happen is you have to pay AR$50 when you leave the country. Then you can turn around and come right back in if you will like. This isn't exactly Germany, the US, Switzerland, China...

As long as you have a Brazilian visa (or you are from a country that doesn't need one), they aren't going to give a rat's fat ass about Argentina.

Napoleon said:
Most probably all that will happen is you have to pay AR$50 when you leave the country. Then you can turn around and come right back in if you will like. This isn't exactly Germany, the US, Switzerland, China...

As long as you have a Brazilian visa (or you are from a country that doesn't need one), they aren't going to give a rat's fat ass about Argentina.

The little emperor is right. You can pay the fine when you leave and can come right back, but will the new Argentine visa fee be in effect if and when you do?

Big_m asked about boarding the internal flight, and that is a very good question. The passport will show the expired tourist visa. I think a call to the airline in advance would be a good idea. Perhaps a visit to one of their offices would be even better.

Does anyone know when Argentine immigration will actually start charging the "get even with the fallen empire" fee? I got the impression from one poster that it is good for two years, unless your passport expires sooner.

Does anyone know if that is correct?

hi my 90 days expired on friday and i want to got to the migracíon office on monday but fear some complications... any advice?
would it be better to just cross borders and come back ? and will they let me back in?
thanks

Back