Visa question, apostille stamp

I think Steve is pointing out that your experience was an anomaly, you were the beneficiary of someone not enforcing the rules and certainly not indicative of what is standard and required. Migraciones clearly states the apostille is required on the criminal background report so not doing it would pretty much be an open invite for documents to be rejected.

I just have a little clarifying question.

I'm about to go apply for temporary resident as a student (I am enrolled in a Master's Program at FLACSO). Got the FBI records apostilled and birth certificate as well. I know that I need to get the document itself translated by a traductor público... do the apostilles have to be translated as well?

My birth certificate (and its corresponding apostille) is from Russia, so I'm also wondering if Russian-Spanish translation services will be more pricey.

Thanks!

andrew.lyubarsky said:
do the apostilles have to be translated as well?

They translators always transate the Apostille, even if you don't ask for it.

andrew.lyubarsky said:
My birth certificate (and its corresponding apostille) is from Russia, so I'm also wondering if Russian-Spanish translation services will be more pricey.

You can find them and ask in adance here: http://www.traductores.org.ar/

Someone recently posted the birth certificate was no longer required by migraciones.

I wonder if anyone who was recently granted a temporary resident visa without one can confirm this.

Thanks for the response, Steve.

A final question - does the US passport front page have to be translated and legalized as well or only birth certificate and FBI records? While the document is primarily in English, in principle it does have the Spanish for everything on it...

andrew.lyubarsky said:
Thanks for the response, Steve.

A final question - does the US passport front page have to be translated and legalized as well or only birth certificate and FBI records? While the document is primarily in English, in principle it does have the Spanish for everything on it...

As long as it has the spanish it does not have to be translated.

Hey,
I'm about to head over to migraciones for my student visa in a couple of days, but first a quick question about the apostille.
My papers (birth certificate and police record) where translated from Norwegian to Spanish in Norway, but the apostille is in English. Should I get that translated here, or is it good enough in English, as the front page of the paper (with all the information) already is in Spanish?
Thank you :)

I'm going to Migraciones for a work visa today. My company asked me for the following:

- Copy of passport
- 4x4 cm fotos
- Certificate of home address (10 pesos, have to go to your closest police station)
- Argentinian criminal records (Certificado de Antecedentes Penales, get them at the registry close to the Tribunales subte stop. Show up at ~6.30 AM if you don't want to queue for 3 hours. Requires your passport and a photocopy of it)
- Home country criminal records + Apostille + Translation + Legalization (This was the most work. I had to go to the court in my country, request my criminal records there, once i had the criminal records i had to go back to the court and get the apostille (which in my case was in Spanish when i told them it was for Argentina), then i had to bring my criminal records and apostille to an official translator in Argentina who translated them for me, and afterwards i had to bring the translation to the Colegio de Traductores to have the translation legalized (they stamp it to acknowledge it's a proper and valid translation)

My company told me i don't need the birth certificate anymore.

JLL said:
I'm going to Migraciones for a work visa today. My company asked me for the following:

- Copy of passport
- 4x4 cm fotos
- Certificate of home address (10 pesos, have to go to your closest police station)
- Argentinian criminal records (Certificado de Antecedentes Penales, get them at the registry close to the Tribunales subte stop. Show up at ~6.30 AM if you don't want to queue for 3 hours. Requires your passport and a photocopy of it)
- Home country criminal records + Apostille + Translation + Legalization (This was the most work. I had to go to the court in my country, request my criminal records there, once i had the criminal records i had to go back to the court and get the apostille (which in my case was in Spanish when i told them it was for Argentina), then i had to bring my criminal records and apostille to an official translator in Argentina who translated them for me, and afterwards i had to bring the translation to the Colegio de Traductores to have the translation legalized (they stamp it to acknowledge it's a proper and valid translation)

My company told me i don't need the birth certificate anymore.

That sounds right, I went through the process when I arrived just under 6 months ago and although my company had told me the birth certificate was required, when I arrived and met with the Immigration lawyer they provided I was advised it was not needed! I assume there has been no changes since?

Back