visa question - Traveling to US with Argentine spouse

mcaffa

Registered
I am a US citizen married to an Argentine. We were married in Argentina in March of this year and both currently reside here. I have not yet presented a marriage certificate to the US Embassy, so technically our marriage is not yet recognized outside of Argentina.
We are planning to head to the US to visit my family over the holidays and I am wondering if my husband will have any trouble getting a visa to go back with me. Ideally, since he is married to a US citizen, the process should be pretty easy, right? But realistically, I could see them raising issues on whether we truly intend to come back here, etc.Can he just apply for a tourist visa, since we are only going to the US for 3 weeks or so? Or will he be required to go through a more lengthy visa application process?Thanks in advance.

I am local and my husband is American, we live here permanently. When we visited my in laws I applied for a tourist visa at the embassy and was given one for 10 years no problem. The process was smooth and easy, no need to worry about it :)

Don't count on anything going smooth when it comes to USA immigration..... It's just a bunch of confused, effed up, slacker clowns trying to do as little work as possible...... Unfortunately, I've had my dealings with the A-holes, what a nightmare.... (Have ALL your papers, plus some bribe money and enough cash for major changes that might INSTANTLY occur to your travel plans if there's a refusal of entry, oh, and plenty of Valium or Xanax for the nerves)

"Dudester" said:
Don't count on anything going smooth when it comes to USA immigration..... It's just a bunch of confused, effed up, slacker clowns trying to do as little work as possible...... Unfortunately, I've had my dealings with the A-holes, what a nightmare.... (Have ALL your papers, plus some bribe money and enough cash for major changes that might INSTANTLY occur to your travel plans if there's a refusal of entry, oh, and plenty of Valium or Xanax for the nerves)

The question was not about immigration and I highly doubt any US officer would take a bribe: you will most likely get arrested... are you sure you are trying to help here???

Yeah, I can assure you that I won't be bribing anyone. I'd rather my husband get his visa denied than have him caught in legal troubles. Anyways, I know some people at the embassy, so I think they'd lend us a helping hand if we ran into any difficulties.

"Dudester" said:
Dude........Are discribing the Ar DNI process or the US Embassy. I have had multiple dealings with the US Embassy here in BA and all have been smooth, well handled and efficient. Further, the very idea of anything such as bribe money is completely unheard of.
mcaffa, simply follow the simple guide line for appointments and you will have the visa ASAP.

Dude #2, no, I'm not being THAT specific. A few years ago most of the US Embassy staff (American Staff) in Warsaw, Poland was let go because they were ALL taking bribes for Visa's ($5,000 US got you a Visa). It was (and somewhat still is) happening in other US Embassies/Countries as well (I know somebody that knows somebody that is deeply involved with all this sh*t). If you think America has clean hands you're living in some spaced out DREAM LAND - get effing real !!!! Dudester

PS I have friends coming over from Europe and Australia using the Visa Waver program and they still get harassed (super long, stupid interviews), photographed, and finger printed every time they come in. One girl I knew had a friend coming in from Sweden, when they asked her what she was going to do during her 3 month stay she mentioned many things one of them being "I'll probably help so and so (her friend) take care of her horses (her friend was into horses big time but that was not her PROFESSION)". Immigration considered that an admission of planning to illegally work in the USA, denied her entry, and put her on the next flight back to Sweden. That's the US Government in "Super Sonic, Moron Speed" for you - catching terrorists and illegal workers as it allows all the multi national corps to out source millions of jobs to China and India.

LOVE this one -"I highly doubt any US Officer would take a bribe" yeah, sure..... right, definitely, spot on, EXACTLY... I highly doubt anyone in the US Government would lie us into an unnecessary War costing Billions, Killing Millions OR steal an election (or 2), or use paperless voting machines that any computer expert could hack into in less than a minute - yeah, you're right - the one and only non corrupt country on the planet - LMAO !!! Don't worry, they'll take a bribe, just make sure it's enough $$$ or they get awfully pissed and insulted...... NAIVETE MARCHES ON... Yeah I'm trying to help here, I'm saying "EXPECT ANYTHING" cause you're dealing with mainly arrogant slacker clowns that try to work as little as possible (I've had plenty of experience with these clowns, maybe you got lucky with your clowns)

I spent my money elsewhere and not in the USA, good luck with finding the terrorists

"Dudester" said:
Dude #2, no, I'm not being THAT specific. A few years ago most of the US Embassy staff (American Staff) in Warsaw, Poland was let go because they were ALL taking bribes for Visa's ($5,000 US got you a Visa). It was (and somewhat still is) happening in other US Embassies/Countries as well (I know somebody that knows somebody that is deeply involved with all this sh*t). If you think America has clean hands you're living in some spaced out DREAM LAND - get effing real !!!! Dudester

PS I have friends coming over from Europe and Australia using the Visa Waver program and they still get harassed (super long, stupid interviews), photographed, and finger printed every time they come in. One girl I knew had a friend coming in from Sweden, when they asked her what she was going to do during her 3 month stay she mentioned many things one of them being "I'll probably help so and so (her friend) take care of her horses (her friend was into horses big time but that was not her PROFESSION)". Immigration considered that an admission of planning to illegally work in the USA, denied her entry, and put her on the next flight back to Sweden. That's the US Government in "Super Sonic, Moron Speed" for you - catching terrorists and illegal workers as it allows all the multi national corps to out source millions of jobs to China and India.

LOVE this one -"I highly doubt any US Officer would take a bribe" yeah, sure..... right, definitely, spot on, EXACTLY... I highly doubt anyone in the US Government would lie us into an unnecessary War costing Billions, Killing Millions OR steal an election (or 2), or use paperless voting machines that any computer expert could hack into in less than a minute - yeah, you're right - the one and only non corrupt country on the planet - LMAO !!! Don't worry, they'll take a bribe, just make sure it's enough $$$ or they get awfully pissed and insulted...... NAIVETE MARCHES ON... Yeah I'm trying to help here, I'm saying "EXPECT ANYTHING" cause you're dealing with mainly arrogant slacker clowns that try to work as little as possible (I've had plenty of experience with these clowns, maybe you got lucky with your clowns)

Sorry about your bad experiences, this will be the spouse of an American citizen which is already entitled to get permanent residency if he wished, so I doubt he will have any issues.

Back