Visa Rejection Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all Syrians are refugees. Plenty of Syrians live in other countries and have made a good life.

The fact that JadMum applied for a visit visa probably means she wanted to visit and not move. In either case, it is recommended she go with the lawyer and then through that lawyer decide the route based on actual circumstances.
That's totally correct and thank you for clarifying. Indeed most Syrians are hard-working honest people that just want to continue living their normal lives, me included. But I also want to thank gracielle for taking the time and effort to send this info anyway but yes I don't want to be a refugee or abuse the system for real refugees.

p.s. I am a he ;):)

I have moved my family here as a result of constant mortar shelling from opposition areas but I go there weekly for my work. I guess as most of you know once you have a family their well being is your number one priority, otherwise we wouldn't have left. My view as a Syrian is that if it were left to us the fighting would have ended a long time ago as some people lost everything, but it seems Syria has become the place for regional and international powers to settle their scores. The situation is gradually getting better and we hope our country can one day return to the beautiful, multicultural and thriving place it once was.
From an outsider perspective it looks like fake news is produced on both sides. Whats your view on Bashar al-Assad - did he really commit the crimes accused? It looks like many countries are using Syria to fight their own proxy war and defend their own interests. It seems there is no 'good' on either side.

From an outsider perspective it looks like fake news is produced on both sides. Whats your view on Bashar al-Assad - did he really commit the crimes accused? It looks like many countries are using Syria to fight their own proxy war and defend their own interests. It seems there is no 'good' on either side.
TBH it's a very complicated situation. but to put it simply a lot of things attributed to Assad and the regime in general just don't make sense like chemical attacks just after each time regime controls an area to draw international condemnation and retaliation. I am not condoning conventional attacks by any means but when certain things just don't add up, you end up disbelieving everything. Anyways, all I can say as Syrian who has lived through this war is I just hope that everyone would leave us alone so things settle down and we can have a true chance to sit together as citizens of one country to make amends and move on. And thanks for caring to ask.

jadmum. my thoughts and prayers are with you. i have tried to understand the conflicts and superpowers influence. i get russia has an interest. i support putin and his support of assad. its on his border. my question is the perceived threat isreal is reacting to real or are they just flexing there muscles because of the US support.

jadmum. my thoughts and prayers are with you. i have tried to understand the conflicts and superpowers influence. i get russia has an interest. i support putin and his support of assad. its on his border. my question is the perceived threat isreal is reacting to real or are they just flexing there muscles because of the US support.
Thank you for the kind words. we have a few countries between us and Russia but it is certainly closer than the US and I believe their intervention stopped Syria from turning into another jihadi heaven like Libya. As for Isreal it is of course a show of force for intimidation.

Don't want to politicize this thread, and wish JadMum the best of luck. But this is not what a nation does to show force or intimidate.

Israel treating thousands of Syrians injured in war
Israel is courting Syrian ‘hearts and minds’ to keep Hezbollah away

Israel has every reason to fear various actors taking advantage of the chaos to set up positions from which its civilians will be in danger. And who exactly thinks Syrian or Lebanese hospitals would ever take Israeli Jews, under any circumstances?

Israel wants one thing only. To be left alone in peace. Not to have to maintain the mightiest military in the region, by far, simply to live. To not have to require every 18-year old kid to be drafted. To have a normal life.

Don't want to politicize this thread, and wish JadMum the best of luck. But this is not what a nation does to show force or intimidate.

Israel treating thousands of Syrians injured in war
Israel is courting Syrian ‘hearts and minds’ to keep Hezbollah away

Israel has every reason to fear various actors taking advantage of the chaos to set up positions from which its civilians will be in danger. And who exactly thinks Syrian or Lebanese hospitals would ever take Israeli Jews, under any circumstances?

Israel wants one thing only. To be left alone in peace. Not to have to maintain the mightiest military in the region, by far, simply to live. To not have to require every 18-year old kid to be drafted. To have a normal life.
Thanks for your wishes Ben. like you said, if we want to discuss the arab-israeli conflict we would need perhaps 10 more forums!! but let's be realistic and not paint israel as a pacifist heaven surrounded by hostile neighbors. If we set aside the plight of the palestinians, the golan heights are syrian territory occupied by israel since 1967 and recognised as such by all UN members, besides we are technically at war with israel (although except for the last 2 weeks, practically no incident has occured since 1974). by the same logic that israel has the right to conduct more than 100 air strikes since the start of the syrian war and violate syrian soverignity and killing syrian soldiers (not iranian or lebanese) under the pretext of self defense, then syria has every right to defend itself and liberate its territories by any means necessary. peace is a choice for israel that it can choose to take anytime it wants by adhering to dozens of UN charters, but is liberating one's land a choice? now as a human being, I hope that the people who had to endure the horrors of one of the most despicable acts of modern history (holocaust) choose to be pioneers of human rights for all religions and ethnicities. Also the majority of the thousands of Syrians that you mentioned being treated are, by israeli admission, are jihadi rebels who fight under the local Alqaida branch which israel is using to counter iranian and hezbollah influence or as the saying goes "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/R...da-fighters-wounded-in-Syria-civil-war-393862
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-hospital-treating-syrian-jihadists-8x859ttp7
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7bcc1327f4b_story.html?utm_term=.4c3a0e52c7dc
https://www.timesofisrael.com/un-hu...o-investigate-israel-for-gaza-protest-deaths/

Anyways, I am sorry to deviate from the subject of this post and if i am unwarily breaking any forum rules but this is a very sensitive subject for all syrians when every other week your fellow country men gets killed by israeli airstrikes under the false pretext of self defense. And I believe the way to go is for both syrians and israelis to encourage and elect peace seeking officials that will prevent the coming war, avert needless bloodshed, and hopefully for all our countries to live in peace and harmony.

JadMum....Good news!
As a Syrian, you don't need a tourist visa or a lawyer to assist you in entering Argentina legally.
https://www.iom.int/news/2017-sees-...resettled-argentina-ever-five-families-arrive

You can apply for an Entry Permit as a refugee thru Argentina's "Program Syria" at any Argentine consulate in the world, including the one in Lebanon.
......Do not be cheated. The procedure is EASY and FREE. There is no need for AGENTS or INTERMEDIARIES.

Argentine DNM MIGRACIONES, Ministerio del Interior
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/programasiria/indexSiria.php?acercaprograma
Excerpt from this website..
........The National Directorate of Migration (DNM), a body under the Ministry of the Interior, Public Works and Housing, reports that the "Special Humanitarian Visa Program for Foreigners Affected by the Arab Republic of Syria", called "Program Syria ", was extended by DNM Provision No. 4683/2016....

Once the procedure has been initiated by the caller or applicant, the beneficiary must appear before any Argentine consulate in the world (including the one in Damascus), to carry out the consular interview and, subsequently, if no impediment arises, obtain the visa humanitarian with which to travel to Argentina. Upon entering Argentina you will obtain your ID for 2 (two) years, renewable for one more year, after which you can access a permanent residence. During such period, the beneficiary will enjoy the same civil, social and economic rights as an Argentine citizen.

His application was already rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back