Visas

OCSpike34

Registered
What Visas do I need to get started on an open-ended trip from USA? Someone told me all I need is the reciprocity fee and a return flight that is under 3 months away. Is there anyway around the return ticket? Any info on an open ended trip would be great.

What Visas do I need to get started on an open-ended trip from USA? Someone told me all I need is the reciprocity fee and a return flight that is under 3 months away. Is there anyway around the return ticket? Any info on an open ended trip would be great.

You can get around the return ticket to the USA with an onward ticket to Uruguay by boat (just one example). There are many posts on the subject.

This would be a good opportunity to start using the search feature of this site.

Click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass in the search box above to get to the advance search. Then enter key words like "return ticket" (without the quote marks) and search in titles, display the results as topics, and start reading.

PS: Do NOT start going to Uruguay every 90 days to get a new tourist visa. It isn't necessary and it doesn't keep you legal.

You can extend your 90 day tourist visa once at the office of migraciones in Retiro.

Presuming you're coming from the US to Argentina, you must pay the retaliation fee online. I have entered Argentina many dozens over the last few decades, and no immigration official has ever asked me for a return ticket, though your departing airline may do so because they don't want to have to pay your way back. Your mileage may vary.

Back