Walking, Biking and Transit in Buenos Aires

First- My main interest in posting on this thread was to agree how easy, cheap, and convenient public transport is in BA, and how much you learn by walking as well.

But the argument of US versus Argentine prices is one we have had here many times.
I have been living in both places for almost 12 years now. I know exactly what the cost differences are between Washington State and CABA. And I can say that my cost of living, for the same or better quality life, is much less in Buenos Aires, and has been every year for the last 12. YMMV.
One of my favorite things to do here is take the Subte to a barrio I have never been to. I check out Pick Up the Fork for an interesting place for lunch and explore a new place. Then ,I can take the Subte home. My latest new barrio exploration was Flores. I had a great Korean lunch and found some great shops.

Me too. I love just walking thru the neighborhoods, looking at the architecture, and enjoying the variety.

Me too. I love just walking thru the neighborhoods, looking at the architecture, and enjoying the variety.

I recently found this youtube channel by a local guy in Buenos Aires. It seems like he picks a bus line and just goes and checks out the neighborhoods along its route. He also goes to a few of the villas and films it all. It's pretty cool, especially if you're scared of physically going to a villa yourself.

Here's one where he visits Villa 21 & 24:

Back