Want to see a Tango Show Thursday night?

mrster

Registered
I am planning to go to Parakultural (La Catedral) - "THE CATHEDRAL OF TANGO".

There are lessons at 7 and 9:30, with the show after (about 11:30). It is a really cool setting - bohemian, rustic warehouse, large dace floor surrounded by an eclectic number of tables.

It costs 15 pesos to get in, I am not sure if there is a cost for the dance lessons, and food, wine, beer, etc is served to the tables. Menu is heavily vegetarian.

Reply here or send me a private message if you are interested. I need to have a count for the table.

Glenn

The blog is not encouraging, especially as verified by a veteran aka tangobob. Do you have any recommendations?

Try Milonga Centinario, Viejo Correo, Diaz Velez 4820, frente Parque Centenario.
It is Run By Nina Balbuena, she is a lovely person and always welcomes new people and past visitors with open arms.
Thursday is not one of the best nights for a milonga, but if you are relatively inexperienced it is less daunting and crowded.

It starts at tan , but there is a class before hand. I have no details of the class but you can ring 15 5692 3348 if your Spanish is good enough. (mine usually is not).

Well, I did find out there may not be lessons on Thursday night (only Fri and Sat), but there will still be a show. I went last week on Sunday (the only night when there are only singers, and no dancers), and the place is cool. The menu is cool. It has an awesome social atmosphere.

mrster said:
Well, I did find out there may not be lessons on Thursday night (only Fri and Sat), but there will still be a show. I went last week on Sunday (the only night when there are only singers, and no dancers), and the place is cool. The menu is cool. It has an awesome social atmosphere.

To each his own, I went despite all the warnings and almost enjoyed it for the first hour. Because we are not all the same I never take advice, but you know what they say "experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
But I thought you wanted tango?

I totally appreciate your input. So you weren't impressed with the Tango dancers at La Catedral?

My hope is to get some folks to experience multiple places, not only this place - it's only a start. For me, experiencing multiple places helps develop the appreciation of the art. I would also move on to Milonga Centinario as well. In the process, an added bonus is a social setting, just to help all to make a few new friends.

G

Hey Glenn... I like your style. I'd be interested in joining you on Thursday night. We both live in Palermo, so maybe we could meet for a drink and head over together? I'll also try to invite some others that may not be aware of this thread. Call or text me and we'll make a plan.

Eric
11-3358-7701
[email protected]

Back