Warning – this is a blatant plug for those that hate Quilmes -

isaidc

Registered
Hi guys,

Just letting you know that after intense research the last 6 months I have started a beer lover’s tour of San Telmo. I’m a journo by trade and have done a fair bit of beer writing the last few years, so my goal is to show people some great little pubs that serve some really nice Argentinean craft beer from different regions. Tours start this Friday.

Info can be found at www.beerinba.com

This should draw some interest..

Maybe myself & my expat bud will check it out when I'm down in November :)

yes Quilmes gives me bad headaches. Very interested in taking this tour next week to finally taste some of the good stuff.

kaheska said:
yes Quilmes gives me bad headaches. Very interested in taking this tour next week to finally taste some of the good stuff.

I have some English friends here who say the same and will no longer drink the product. They don't even want people to bring it over to their house. But if they are out at a bar, they'll buy the Liter of Stella (or "porons/porones") instead of a pint of Quilmes.

When drinking any alcohol, I drink 1:1 (Water : alcoholic drink) so that I don't get headaches. And I usually stop early and then go to straight water. It helps prevent the headaches. It's not a 100% fool-proof plan, but it certainly helps. The one drawback: You go to the bathroom A LOT!

Yes I actually think I might be allergic to Quilmes. I took the tour. It was really informative (great beers I never heard of) without being stuffy - the tour guide is an Aussie who clearly loves his beer. I think the price might have gone up now but certainly worth it.

Hmm I never get resaca with Quilmes, I will get the worst headache the day after local budweiser or brahma tho, I don't know what it is about these 2 but I rather not drink anything at all than having a sip of these evil brands

Back